You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 25, 2019 7:51 am

Slice
Active

RD IS BUSY

He is hard at work.  As soon as he can, he will be back.  He is just fine and making money

#2 Jan 25, 2019 11:00 am

Expat
Active

Re: RD IS BUSY

How you studying he money so?

#3 Jan 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Busy at work.  Busy building a new house.  Busy selling my current house.  Busy with a 13 year old son's activities.  Busy as president of church council.  Busy as officer in the American Legion.  Busy, busy, busy.

#4 Jan 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Busy at work.  Busy building a new house.  Busy selling my current house.  Busy with a 13 year old son's activities.  Busy as president of church council.  Busy as officer in the American Legion.  Busy, busy, busy.

Busy while you can, lethargy gets a hold of you when the joints don't move so easily. Sometimes I do nearly a days work. Most times I do in a day what I might have done in an hour or two just a few years back. Admittedly the heat... not something you are worrying about at the moment... smile  sucks the energy out of you as well.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 27, 2019 7:11 pm)

#5 Jan 27, 2019 11:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Definitely. At age 55 it has already begun.  It's not too bad here now.  It is -12 C right now.  That's comfortable.  The high temperature on Wednesday is forcasted to be -28 C.  That's cold no matter who you are.

#6 Jan 28, 2019 9:14 am

Slice
Active

-12 and you say it ent too bad. Lord ah keeping me mouth shut now.  Me ent complaining about Baltimore weather no more.  LORD HAVE MERCY it cold in Iowa.

#7 Jan 28, 2019 11:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is going to be cold on Wednesday, that's for sure.   The low on Wednesday is supposed to be -32C and the windchill is supposed to be -47C.   I don't care who you are, that is damned cold and flat out dangerous.

#8 Jan 28, 2019 11:56 am

New Historian
Active

You wonder how the indigenous peoples survived those temperatures!!

#9 Jan 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

You wonder how the indigenous peoples survived those temperatures!!

I have often wondered that.  I think that sometimes they didn't survive it.

Board footer