You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Feb 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Expat
Active

Isis needs terminating.

Having watched my first Isis propaganda video which ends with a slow miserable beheading and a drowning.... previously showing a few dozen Isis hero's blowing themselves up in car bombs.

I simply cannot see how that would encourage a sane person to go and join the fray.

OK, I couldn't understand one word they were saying, or appreciate the constant music, but well I simply don't get it.

#2 Feb 03, 2017 4:24 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Isis needs terminating.

That's because you're not living 600 years behind the times, as Islam is.

#3 Feb 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Garden of Eaten
Active

"New Historian", if your statement is meant to suggest that being with the times is an absolute good thing, and that being behind the times is not a good thing, then I disagree.

If your message to Expat is that good things (no immorality, no violence, no hatred, no extreme behavior) only come from being modern, I disagree. Your position, if that is what you meant, throws into the waste basket all of mankind's benefits gained from traditions, whether based on Christianity, Islam or some other religion.

If I correctly interpreted your statement, the only good thing about it is that it is not necessarily as destructive as the activities that Expat condemned. Your conclusion is fatally wrong, but not laden with personal tragedies as Expat mentioned.

So, there is hope for you. Interestingly, that hope begins with your moniker. I'll explain: you chose to call yourself "New Historian", a name that implies that you place importance on HISTORY.

The past features prominently in any historic analysis of people and their dealings with each other and with nature. Some things that people do are good, some things are bad, across the spectrum of time and place . . . and traditions!

Last edited by Garden of Eaten (Feb 03, 2017 4:51 pm)

#4 Feb 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Expat
Active

Although as we know there is still brutish violence in the world.

The 600 years ago mentioned was a time where MOST societies in the World had a completely different outlook on human rights etc. hence the ability to slaughter at a whim.

Although sure there are aggressors in the World (Trump. Putin, Kim and a few others), and conflicts there is not the same societal view as to how to live life. With the exception perhaps of sink estates (projects) and a few ingrates.

#5 Feb 03, 2017 8:23 pm

New Historian
Active

Garden of Eaten wrote:

"New Historian", if your statement is meant to suggest that being with the times is an absolute good thing, and that being behind the times is not a good thing, then I disagree.

If your message to Expat is that good things (no immorality, no violence, no hatred, no extreme behavior) only come from being modern, I disagree. Your position, if that is what you meant, throws into the waste basket all of mankind's benefits gained from traditions, whether based on Christianity, Islam or some other religion.

If I correctly interpreted your statement, the only good thing about it is that it is not necessarily as destructive as the activities that Expat condemned. Your conclusion is fatally wrong, but not laden with personal tragedies as Expat mentioned.

So, there is hope for you. Interestingly, that hope begins with your moniker. I'll explain: you chose to call yourself "New Historian", a name that implies that you place importance on HISTORY.

The past features prominently in any historic analysis of people and their dealings with each other and with nature. Some things that people do are good, some things are bad, across the spectrum of time and place . . . and traditions!

Thank you for that long and reasoned response, to what was in essence a throw-away quip of mine. But behind the quip I still stand. To expand: The Prophet Mohammad is about 600 years "younger" than Christ, and hence so is the religion he founded. Islam today exhibits a lot of the features of Christianity 600 years ago: intolerance, extreme beliefs, religious war. Islam didn't invent Jihad, WE did, what was The Inquisition? Generally speaking, most Muslims are "moderate", but there is the small but insane element, which commit all the horrors and get all the news. Just as it was 600 years ago with Christianity.

I certainly don't believe that "all good things are modern", but when it comes to religion, I'd much rather than live in the "Age of Reason", than in the dark dogma of the distant past.

#6 Feb 03, 2017 10:00 pm

dapper
Active

not too long ago white americans were doing the same thing to blacks,lynching,burning and taking photographs besides the victims

#7 Feb 03, 2017 10:02 pm

dapper
Active

AND christopher "blasted liar"columbus and his thugs were d original ISIS crew slaughtering d native indians

#8 Feb 04, 2017 2:27 am

Vanni
Active

There is some progress thanks to many enlightened people who devoted, and sometimes sacrificed their lives for it. What was once accepted as normal, is ever more questioned. Good so.

I do not believe in human constructed, time and culture related, local and temporary religious morality. I do believe in "straight from Life-God-Love" timeless universal spiritual ethics.

I do not believe in outer pressure. I do believe in inner guidance.

As for progress - have we really crossed the bridge of light and become totally devoted to It?

How much indecency, abuse and violence do we still tolerate either toward us, or us finding justification for using it toward the others? Even in our own social and religious ways, which are not all pure of intention, and which many choose over inner guidance, which many accept as a norm, and promote. And, while it can be perceived as an error in the absolute: in the relative it is a necessary, even meaningful life experience, where we have allowed ourselves to be indoctrinated, distorted, lead astray from our own inner guidance, so we may deeply understand and make a definitive choice, becoming mature, independent individuals with universal love and light as only guidance.

I believe that we are at the time of the turning of tides, where a certain form of experience over aeons has served us and is now becoming obsolete - more of it would now become endless repetition, and possibly lead to destruction not just at a social level, but at soul level - so, unthinkable: despite appearances, we are in a process of constant evolution, there is a time for everything, and we appear to have had enough of a certain level of experience and are ready individually and by personal choice and motivation to call forth the higher or divine from within our selves, raise ourselves, and generate it as our outer reality.

Consequently, all that has either been accepted as "normal" for the historical past, all that has been accepted as being part of life, all which people never questioned and either passively or actively supported, all to which humans have resigned themselves to - all which is not of Love-Light-God is now coming to a crisis and total questioning - we are now individually at a time of necessary thorough purge, where there is one option only: to turn to the Light by our own choice.

Where no pressure, no artificial morality, no social system, but our own eternal spiritual nature and deep yearning for it, is the leading force and allows us to change in such a deep way that the conditions of our Earthly existence themselves are in the process of changing together with us.

Where love, caring, and the consequent nonviolence will be the constant conditions of living, leading once and for all.

However unlikely it may be appearing to us right now, I can see no other justification nor reason for Life, and I am convinced that this is our present process and emerging reality.

Last edited by Vanni (Feb 04, 2017 3:23 am)

#9 Feb 04, 2017 2:19 pm

New Historian
Active

dapper wrote:

not too long ago white americans were doing the same thing to blacks,lynching,burning and taking photographs besides the victims

So that makes ISIS okay? Because slavery once existed that makes it fair game for ISIS to behead people? The community of Man is trying to move forwards, not backwards. Remove your cranium from your anterior organ.

#10 Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Slice
Active

dapper wrote:

AND christopher "blasted liar"columbus and his thugs were d original ISIS crew slaughtering d native indians

WOW! BONJAY You are supporting the folks, who will kill without batting an Eye Lash.  These folks are not human, ah just hope you know dat.

Board footer