You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Feb 01, 2019 12:10 am

houston
Active

Re: Okay, it's cold.

Just wondering about those leaky ploblens, ya know.
Okay, get the damned leak problems repaired before shyte happens.
We need a plumber asap.?

#12 Feb 01, 2019 10:03 am

Slice
Active

Why do folks leave their warm place of birth for this cold sheet?  Having said that,  I know  there ent no way in the world I can stay in Greenz forever and ever amen.  Every three months I can go for ah month, and thats it.

#13 Feb 01, 2019 11:09 pm

Expat
Active

Water problems usually appear during the thaw when split pipes are no longer frozen solid....

#14 Feb 02, 2019 10:44 am

dapper
Active

In greenz u have clean fresh air,fresh sea food,natural food straight from the ground and trees,cows and goats roaming and eating as nature provides and we still prefer these so called first world countries...lol

#15 Feb 02, 2019 12:26 pm

New Historian
Active

dapper wrote:

In greenz u have clean fresh air,fresh sea food,natural food straight from the ground and trees,cows and goats roaming and eating as nature provides and we still prefer these so called first world countries...lol

My body - and mind - just FEELS healthier when I'm in a balmy tropical climate. When I go up to England or 'Murka my body feels it: skin and lips get dry, my shit changes, nose gets clogged, yuk. And mentally I find that to be surrounded by beautiful sights improves my frame of mind, but when you're surrounded by urban ugliness and congestion it gets you down. I remember that really dark mood you'd get around February-March: WHEN is friggin summer coming lol!!

I'm sooo happy I moved back, quality of life, frustrations and all, is sooo much better. The only downside to life in Greenz is healthcare, if something serious happens you often have to go away for treatment, and that alone can kill you lol. But, thank God, Allah, Buddah and Jah, my old bod's holding its own - for now lol!!

#16 Feb 02, 2019 12:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

When I was on Guam, I found endless summer to be tedious.  I like the change of the seasons and a little cold and snow don't bother me. 

I agree with you 100% on the urban landscapes.  They are nice to visit but, long term, I don't want them summer or winter.

I will also say that the -30 we had this week sucked but it was short.  It is already 40F or 5C which feels like Speedo weather by comparison.

I get that folks from the tropics love the tropics but winter is okay for those of us raised here.

Here is the view this morning out the back of my new house under construction.

20190119-125320.jpg

#17 Feb 02, 2019 12:58 pm

New Historian
Active

Nice lookin' gaff!

#18 Feb 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Thanks.  That's the lower level.   Here is a view looking in the same direction from the deck above last August.  Viva la Change!

20180824-184635.jpg

Here is what the new digs looks like.  We should move in around mid April.

20181222-100536.jpg

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Feb 02, 2019 1:06 pm)

#19 Feb 02, 2019 2:10 pm

New Historian
Active

Lovely design!

#20 Feb 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
dapper wrote:

My body - and mind - just FEELS healthier when I'm in a balmy tropical climate. When I go up to England or 'Murka my body feels it: skin and lips get dry, my shit changes, nose gets clogged, yuk. And mentally I find that to be surrounded by beautiful sights improves my frame of mind, but when you're surrounded by urban ugliness and congestion it gets you down. I remember that really dark mood you'd get around February-March: WHEN is friggin summer coming lol!!

I'm sooo happy I moved back, quality of life, frustrations and all, is sooo much better. The only downside to life in Greenz is healthcare, if something serious happens you often have to go away for treatment, and that alone can kill you lol. But, thank God, Allah, Buddah and Jah, my old bod's holding its own - for now lol!!

+1.

Them that likes the cold are welcome to it. We have Summer  (Rainy Season) and Winter coz the leaves drop off the trees..... in the Dry season, when the nights get oh so cold around Christmas time...... Brrrrrr.

Saying that when I spent around a couple of hours in the water at BBC beach just before Christmas I was starting to shiver, and I lost the feeling in my finger tips where the nail beds went blue..... Lord it COoooold around Christmas.... smile.

Board footer