You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Feb 05, 2019 10:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: My New Favorite Thing

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Satchmo and that era have long gone, what was original, contemporary, innovating and fun is now become a sepia coloured shadow of the original.

Dang, you have that crusty old curmudgeon thing down pat!  It's like Universal Studios and asked central casting to send up a pissy ol' Englishman up and thet sent you.   Well done! smile

Huge LOL!! True, lighten up old chap!

#12 Feb 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Satchmo and that era have long gone, what was original, contemporary, innovating and fun is now become a sepia coloured shadow of the original.

Dang, you have that crusty old curmudgeon thing down pat!  It's like Universal Studios and asked central casting to send up a pissy ol' Englishman up and thet sent you.   Well done! smile

Yeah, but I am right tho. Annoying aint it.

#13 Feb 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Hell no you ain't right.  The videos are exceptionally well performed with great skill and talent.  That the music isn't to your taste does not mean that it is 'sheite'.  That's just damned fool crusty old curmudgeon and nothing more.

#14 Feb 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Expat
Active

Oh here we go again, I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE A MORON.

How many times have we traveled that road.

Are they playing well... probably, are they good musicians probably, are the rehashing music from a bye gone era definitely, does it have the verve the character of the original... nah.Its a pastiche. Adequate, but hardly aw inspiring.

I would not say old musical styles should not be emulated/copied what ever, I am just saying what you are raving about ain't all that.

Akin to some band doing a reworked Glen Miller or Benny Goodman. Their tunes are embossed in your mind, to change the score would be bordering on disrespectful.

Oh by the way check 21:55 on the clip to see nothing new in this world. A vesion of what you were raving about on another thread. It might be "tap dancing" but many of the moves are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U69OtG1Mti4

Last edited by Expat (Feb 07, 2019 7:56 pm)

#15 Feb 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There is no right and wrong when it comes to subjective taste.  You are entitled to your opinion but it is just your opinion.

#16 Feb 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Expat
Active

Quite right.

Board footer