You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Expat
Active

Water restrictions

So, from the end of the month NAWASA has us water restrictions.

Maybe if they had fixed some of the leaks I reported earlier they would have more water in the reservoir.

So they lose the water, and we could be penalised for excessive use...

#2 Feb 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Water restrictions

Expat wrote:

Maybe if they had fixed some of the leaks I reported earlier they would have more water in the reservoir.

I'm sure you leakage wasn't so bad. How is the water quality in Gree???

#3 Feb 21, 2019 8:44 pm

houston
Active

Expat, what is your stance on fluoridated water?

#4 Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm

houston
Active

Another unrelated question. What are your thoughts on the much pushed flu shot?

#5 Feb 22, 2019 9:00 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Well you are completely wrong. One of the leaks you could hear it roaring, but it was below ground level. Our personal leak which we had to get sorted by using family connections to get a number someone would answer was spraying way up in the air and had to have a bucket and weight to avoid drowning the chicken coup and making the place smell of rancid chicken poo.
The one at the bottom of the road went on and on for months coming up to the surface and trickerling in the gutter down the hill, then the last one was a stream which took a year for them to locate.   You were saying?

The water quality.... apart from when half the mountain gets washed into it is supposedly quite good.... but the method of purifying it with chlorine is potentially very harmful to your internal organs. Even when correctly dosed it is a method not used by large cities and advanced countries, but when the water comes out creamy because too much has been added..... not good. Very not good.

Last edited by Expat (Feb 22, 2019 9:15 am)

#6 Feb 22, 2019 9:02 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

My stance is it is an abomination, as is chlorination, and the flue shot..... just don't go there.

#7 Feb 22, 2019 10:19 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Well you are completely wrong. One of the leaks you could hear it roaring, but it was below ground level. Our personal leak which we had to get sorted by using family connections to get a number someone would answer was spraying way up in the air and had to have a bucket and weight to avoid drowning the chicken coup and making the place smell of rancid chicken poo.
The one at the bottom of the road went on and on for months coming up to the surface and trickerling in the gutter down the hill, then the last one was a stream which took a year for them to locate.   You were saying?

The water quality.... apart from when half the mountain gets washed into it is supposedly quite good.... but the method of purifying it with chlorine is potentially very harmful to your internal organs. Even when correctly dosed it is a method not used by large cities and advanced countries, but when the water comes out creamy because too much has been added..... not good. Very not good.

I am very sorry to here but I don't believe the water quality anywhere is exceptional! (only in Tibet)

#8 Feb 22, 2019 4:05 pm

Expat
Active

We all have our own belief systems.

I did not go close to saying it was exceptional, I said it was good... ie if you do a quality check it was marked as being almost as good as a mountain stream.... remember animals can die and rot in mountain streams even in Tibet.

For your info, the drinking water in London, which is rated as bio friendly has passed through 7 people both in the form of urine and excrement before it gets to them, as the Thames is a conduit which is extracted from and emptied into many times from source to the time it gets to London. But the filtration and purification systems make it perfectly safe to drink.

#9 Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:
houston wrote:

My stance is it is an abomination, as is chlorination, and the flue shot..... just don't go there.

Any tap water that is properly treated should be good. Maybe a bit of lemon and some fridge time but at least we know where it came from.
Thames recycled water might not be so bad compared to some of the expensive bottled waters.
Do we know where that bottled water has been between the fresh spring and the end consumer? Has it been sitting on a delivery truck for days or exposed to hot sunlight while it simmered in a hot plastic bottle?
I'll take the rock water flavour over the plastic container taste any day.

Board footer