You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 02, 2019 10:06 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Vitamin A for Measles

I drink unsweeted tea, black coffee, water and, rarely, a beer or glass of whiskey.  My business partner's grandfather just died this week here in Iowa.  Must be the unhealthy Iowa lifestyle.  Poor bugger was only 104.

#12 Mar 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I drink unsweeted tea, black coffee, water and, rarely, a beer or glass of whiskey.  My business partner's grandfather just died this week here in Iowa.  Must be the unhealthy Iowa lifestyle.  Poor bugger was only 104.

As I did say :-  You may well be the only person in the entire World

Lucky bugger he grew up and probably continued stuff he learned as a child from a generation that ate better food, and didn't have 78 vaccination by the time he was 18.

Despite good genes there will be less and less like him in years to come.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 02, 2019 1:52 pm)

#13 Mar 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

What a load of crap.  Sheesh.  Whatever.

#14 Mar 02, 2019 7:19 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

As I did say :-  You may well be the only person in the entire World

Lucky bugger he grew up and probably continued stuff he learned as a child from a generation that ate better food, and didn't have 78 vaccination by the time he was 18.

Despite good genes there will be less and less like him in years to come.

"78 vaccinations by the time he was 18" really?
Wow, that's a lot of shots!
Got a flu shot and my shoulder felt like it had been kicked by a horse for the next two days. No way would I get that done 78 times again.

#15 Mar 02, 2019 7:44 pm

houston
Active

I like to nose around old cemeteries and check out the dates on the stones.
Why so many stones of children or adults that died in their thirties or forties?
Why do so many modern stones have dates on them that show that the person lived well into thier 80's or 90's?

#16 Mar 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

He's going to say indoor plumbing.

#17 Mar 03, 2019 11:37 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

I like to nose around old cemeteries and check out the dates on the stones.
Why so many stones of children or adults that died in their thirties or forties?
Why do so many modern stones have dates on them that show that the person lived well into thier 80's or 90's?

I doubt many of those children died in their 30's or 40's, unless they had mental impairment..... smile

RD is pretty much right. A great improvement in health has been down to increased hygiene. So much so that the now retired head of immunology in Japan stated that most vaccines were unnecessary now as the general public was healthier due to improved hygiene and living standards.

Unfortunately the clock is about to go into reverse. Especially In America, as each successive wave of children is going to live less long as their parents. Alzheimers is on the increase and is a fatal disease, recognising this alone means the aged population will have a 50% ratio of getting it. So you either have it, or you are going to be a carer for someone that does.

Due to the abysmal diet of everyone other than the near perfect RD means increased heart attacks, diabetes, degenerative disabilities, Cancer etc etc. MOST of this is down to changing away from the less profitable museum standard farming practices that worked with nature instead of against it.

Use roundup to treat your GM grains, and not only is it poisoning you, as no human trials have been done, as it "will never get into the human food chain", it also chelates(sp) minerals etc from the soil depriving the crops that follow. While spraying the crop to kill it prior to harvest increases output in the short term, over a period of time like maybe 7 or 10 years the crop gets weaker, and the gains made at the beginning are wiped out.... and you have rightiously frigged your soil.

#18 Mar 04, 2019 11:17 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I am far from perfect.  I gave up sweet drinks for lent many years ago and lost weight immediately.  I kept it up after Easter and, after a while, I didn't even crave them anymore.  I try to avoid all processed sugars. I never had much of a sweet tooth so it isn't really that hard.   It isn't a health food thing.  It is just a way to avoid getting fat.  If I knock out processed sugar, I can pretty much eat anything I want without putting on weight.

Moving along... This theory that, say, polio went from being common in 1950 to nearly gone from the civilized world in 1960 because of indoor plumbing makes flat earthers look reasonable. LOL!

#19 Mar 04, 2019 12:09 pm

New Historian
Active

When in England and Ireland visiting friends and rellos, one thing that I can't stand is the "Great British Fry-Up Breakfast" - Lawd!! The worst was with my great mate in County Mayo Ireland: bacon, pork sausages, black AND white pudding, fried eggs, fried bread and beans: a heart attack's delight!! So from now on, I'm a vegan in the mornings lol!!!

#20 Mar 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There is no doubt that the US has a serious obesity problem.  It is pretty bad.  That said, the people in the UK have no ability to boast as they are close behind.  They are also a generation behind the US in general abundance.  They are catching up fast.

Opera-Snapshot-2019-03-04-110010-www-oecd-org.png

Board footer