You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm

dapper
Active

Re: Coloured is in the bad list again.

White people are pink,red,blue ...so who’s more coloured?...lol

#12 Mar 10, 2019 10:50 am

Slice
Active

There is ah place in Maryland called Colombia.  The developers build it so black and white can reside as friends with no Heartaches.  What is kinda funny, these developers were kinda old and the place is more than fifty years old.  Here is the interesting thing, they have the lowest crime rate in all ah Maryland. It ent no little city.  Ah wanna live there, but it is too damn expensive.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 10, 2019 10:52 am)

#13 Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

If you say "colored people" you are a nasty racist.  If you say "people of color" you are woke.

There.  Hope that helps.

Yeah, heard the person of colour the other day on the TV, and that was fine...  But I just don't get it... not in the UK at least.  I was talking very bravely to a group of Ladies of colour who had all spent their time or were still living in the UK, and none of them had a problem with being coloured, they even said that was how they addressed "Black" folks in Grenada in years gone by. Mind you they also talk about Ngs, and Coolie, etc,  so I guess like me they come from an earlier age.   smile

But really what the F is the difference between being a coloured person, and a person of colour.... really?

I actually HATE calling people Black as they aren't, most are varying shades of brown. Black is a hard guttural sounding word Just like Fck or Cnt, it is not a soft sounding word. To me Black  is more offensive than coloured, but as we as usual are ruled by what America thinks..... Despite our problems were not so pernicious as American and South African ones.

Board footer