You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Expat
Active

Re: "Farewell Letter" re Grenada by Peter Gernert

gripe wrote:

Slice, it is sometimes good to be comparative for "consolation" sake. Yet, really, if my house is rotten and falling down, I would take little comfort that my neighbour's house seconds ago came crashing down. Why? I am not far behind.

In light of the discussion, can we reflect a bit on March 13, 1979? Where could we be today , if . . .?

For the very least we might be oil rich if the leadership showed some, and started getting the drilling done.

#12 Mar 13, 2019 10:15 pm

gripe
Active

"Aye, aye," Expat. We lack leadership in so many ways.

#13 Mar 14, 2019 12:40 am

Calypso
Active

gripe wrote:

We lack leadership because we are not a true Democracy like the US. We have a leader of the opposition who is elected if the leader of the other party hasn't won. We need young blood with different ideas. In America, a president can only serve for 4 years. On the island if it's not Mitchell, it is the leader of the opposite party. This is not Democracy. It is what mashes up a country.

#14 Mar 14, 2019 7:42 am

Slice
Active

gripe wrote:

Slice, it is sometimes good to be comparative for "consolation" sake. Yet, really, if my house is rotten and falling down, I would take little comfort that my neighbour's house seconds ago came crashing down. Why? I am not far behind.

In light of the discussion, can we reflect a bit on March 13, 1979? Where could we be today , if . . .?

I agree with you.  I think I tried to  broaden the topic, but  not making excuses for Grenada.  Trust me Grenada is in ah very, very bad way.  For some stupid reason Grenadians living there think all is well.  I do not know who Mr, Garnert is, but you could see, he had a mission for Grenada, with great intentions, and because of the climate in Grenada, he failed.  That man entire article was truth.

#15 Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

New Historian
Active

Calypso wrote:
gripe wrote:

We lack leadership because we are not a true Democracy like the US. We have a leader of the opposition who is elected if the leader of the other party hasn't won. We need young blood with different ideas. In America, a president can only serve for 4 years. On the island if it's not Mitchell, it is the leader of the opposite party. This is not Democracy. It is what mashes up a country.

This is so much gibberish I don't know where to begin. The US democracy where 3 million more people voted for the losing candidate? The US democracy where PACS and lobbyists buy elections and have legislators in their pockets? The democracy where the POTUS is virtually an "elected dictator" with absolute power to make war, break treaties and even elect the nation's top scientists for god's sake? Which President can serve for only 4 years?

Lord woman get at least half your facts straight nuh.

#16 Mar 14, 2019 9:39 pm

WH Man
Active

gripe wrote:

Without the US rescue mission in 1983 ? The people of Grenada would now be experiencing a hybridized version of what's happening in Cuba, Venezuela, and North Korea !! God Bless America !!

#17 Mar 15, 2019 6:59 am

Slice
Active

While there was a time when it seems like the invasion helped, it is not now. At least during the REVO Grenadians was educated, but now under democracy Grenada is in a very bad way.  The majority of Grenadians are dumb. There is really no opposition Grenada, they all think the same way.

Down Town St George's is ah Rat hole.  Very very nasty. Doctors practicing in Grenada that are not really doctors. Grenada is in a truly bad place, with no help on the horizon.  But the truth is ah love it.  Ah love the fact that I can get up any part and just walk and not worry about being robbed or killed.

I think what gets me, is the govermnet is not seeing that there are tons of money to be made if they provide a good Health care system.  So many Expats wanna come back, but they are scared if they get sick, they are in real trouble.

#18 Mar 15, 2019 4:04 pm

gripe
Active

Slice, thanks for setting "WH" straight about our realities at home, because no amount of "God Bless America!!" ("WH" can add as much exclamation symbols as he sees fit) has helped Grenadians at home.

#19 Mar 15, 2019 5:42 pm

houston
Active

Glad you said that Gripe.
God bless America for Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nicaragua and now possibly Venezuela.
Amazing how sense of accomplishment is expected to be viewed the same by all.

#20 Apr 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Slice
Active

Ashley the article I was  speaking about. You will need to get permission from the Web Master, so you will have to register.  If asked I will be able to vouch for you.

Last edited by Slice (Apr 10, 2019 7:29 am)

Board footer