You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 16, 2019 7:01 am

Slice
Active

SO HERE IS WHERE THE AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEM GETS COMPLICATED.

Me surgery took about three hours.  I spent the night in the hospital, was release early the next day.  I was served one meal.  I was shocked when ah saw the bill. It was $15,000, plus another $7,000 for the Urology Center.  BONJAY! ah bawl like a cow when ah see them charges. I guess if you doh have insurance, you in real sheet. I think this is criminal.

#2 Mar 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Expat
Active

Re: SO HERE IS WHERE THE AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEM GETS COMPLICATED.

Slice wrote:

Me surgery took about three hours.  I spent the night in the hospital, was release early the next day.  I was served one meal.  I was shocked when ah saw the bill. It was $15,000, plus another $7,000 for the Urology Center.  BONJAY! ah bawl like a cow when ah see them charges. I guess if you doh have insurance, you in real sheet. I think this is criminal.

Nothing complicated about it. It is a well oiled insurance based business. You paid for all the law suites they have had to recompense on, or rather you paid part of THEIR insurance premium to protect them from you.

You paid for a 5 star hotel room with hot and cold running nurses, sundry inflated drugs. A team of nurses, an anesthetist the surgeon, the porter, the recovery room staff.... All at hyped prices.

When you go to the body shop with a dent in your car I expect when the repairer charges you $50 for tapping the panel once, you will challenge him for charging so much, and he will tell you it was the years of training and experience you paid for, not the precisely positioned tap which returned your car to it's pristine condition...

They say it can take up to a year to recover from the effects of the anesthetic, so we will forgive your silly reply to my other post.... smile

Trusting the surgery did the business.

#3 Mar 16, 2019 5:14 pm

houston
Active

Slice wrote:

At least you were able to see an itemized bill that gives an idea of the costs of medical care. Every swab, kleenex, and bandage used would be calculated into that bill.
Here in Canada, many folks seem to believe that health care is free because they never actually see the bill. If they had any idea of what they pay in taxes for that night in a hallway, I don't think they would be so keen on a broken system. And I don't think folks would be running to the hospital every time they stubbed their toe.

#4 Mar 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Slice
Active

Still suffering from gas.  That is ah bunch ah gas they pump in you system. Surgery to damn expensive.  Then ah tink how lucky I am.  Me PADNAH in Greenz got both cancer and BPH. He is now taking herbs to assist.  I begged him to please go to England and have surgery, but ah doh tink he listening to me.  I am seriously worried about him.

#5 Mar 16, 2019 6:11 pm

houston
Active

Slice, I hope you are recovering well.

#6 Mar 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Still suffering from gas.  That is ah bunch ah gas they pump in you system. Surgery to damn expensive.  Then ah tink how lucky I am.  Me PADNAH in Greenz got both cancer and BPH. He is now taking herbs to assist.  I begged him to please go to England and have surgery, but ah doh tink he listening to me.  I am seriously worried about him.

Not being funny now, I think you meant HBP?

If he has high blood pressure there is a reason... he is stressed? he is in pain? he has organs that are in crisis?  All good reasons for your pressure to be high. Lowering pressure against your body's will simply makes you body fight the drugs as it knows your brain needs the oxygen that by lowering your pressure it is being deprived of. Which is why people are more likely to fall over when they are on BP medication.

As for the cancer.... scary stuff. Although it is something we ALL have in us ALL the time. What differs is whether you did something to create the right atmosphere for it to propagate, drinking/drugs (medical or otherwise) pollution, x-rays, poor food choices, like eating an American diet.

The body's natural state though is health, it is a bloody clever machine that has taken a couple of million years to evolve, and has coped well except for recently when the toxins it is exposed to have become too many. Just think of the old pink goo they used to pump into McDonalds burgers... Yeuck.

So if the body's natural state is health, work with the body, feed it nutrients to strengthen the immune system... Not Chemotherapy or Radiation that will damage the body's self defense mechanisms. Even the surgery to remove has hazards of releasing cancer cells to invade other parts of the body. Which is why conventional medicine generally calls you a survivor, and only really go out to 5 years, as many people find they have cancer again around that time. Remember it doesn't show itself over night even though it may feel like it.... you have been living with that growth for a long time before it shows up. Maybe 5 years.......

Even one of my Grenadian chums in the UK spoke to me the other day, and said his friend had been diagnosed with cancer some years back, but REFUSED the treatments offered and ate herself out of Cancer.... when the oncologist saw her after several months he said I don't know what you are doing but keep it up.

There is a lot more to fighting cancer than just a few herbs, you definitely need all kinds of nutrients, and immune system boosting potions. And you have to cut out all that sheite they send from America, it is simply toxic. GMO, HFCS, God knows how many artificial preservatives, and colouring agents.

With breast cancer it probably takes several years for that growth to multiply to the size where the scan will identify it. In all probability apart from Genetic expression, in a lot of cases it is the Mammograms radiating crushed breast tissue that GIVES women breast cancer.

Cancers often come and go undetected, it is your immune systems job to deal with aberrant cells Boost your immune system which is 80 percent in your gut, and it will do the work for you. You create around 1 million new cells every day to regrow your body which is renewing all the time. roughly 10,000 of those every day are cancerous, but the immune system wipes them out.

The lining of your gut is only 1 cell thick, which is why if you eat GMO corn and other sheite it damages the lining, allows food proteins into the blood stream, which sets up inflammation in various parts of the body. Eat well and that 1 cell thickness lining is replaced every single day.

#7 Mar 18, 2019 8:20 am

Slice
Active

Expat, I had BPH, which is an enlarge prostate.  No cancer.  How do you explain some of the folks who eats real healthy still get cancer?  I honestly doh tink no one is immune from cancer.  As healthy as you are,  you can get cancer. My personal thinking.

Last edited by Slice (Mar 18, 2019 8:22 am)

#8 Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am

Expat
Active

Like I said, I wasn't sure about the BHP, you did refer that to your friend rather than yourself. I guess it stands for Bloody Huge Prostate.?

Maybe I wrote too much in one go.

EVERYONE has cancer in their system. It is a by product of cell regeneration, where roughly 10,000 defective cells are created EVERY SINGLE DAY. But if you have a healthy immune system your white blood cells et al kill the defective cells which if they lodge here or there will create a tumour here or there. You get cancer in the liver. brain, pancreas etc, but it is not specifically that cancer, it is where the mutant cells lodged and formed the growth. It is then recognised as "that" cancer, but it is simply the same cells with a failed kill switch going into overdrive where ever they come to rest.

No one is actually immune, but if you have a healhy immune system with a strong biome then you can a) fight it off, b) regress the disease, and in many cases be cured. Not be a survivor for 5-10 years but live out your days. But it takes a lot of determination to change your eating habits, including juicing, eating fermented foods, avoiding the mass of toxic foods that now surround us, and exercising to achieve the state of health to turn back the clock. But it can be done, and is a lot less unpleasant than chemo, radiation, and surgery.

If your friend is living in Grenada he is half way there, as he isn't surrounded with junk food, and toxins.  However eating the standard Grenada diet is prone to give you diabetes, and unfortunately all our breads, and flour products come from North American sources. He will need a total rethink of his foods. Some of which are not readily available here, or are bloody expensive like the blueberries at IGA.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 18, 2019 11:02 am)

Board footer