You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 20, 2019 8:16 am

Expat
Active

10's of thousands homeless and without support in East Africa

After a huge Typhoon slammed Mozambique, Malawi, and Zimbabwe, flooding vast areas of the country, and making 100's of thousand homeless, and who knows how many fatalities.... must be into the thousands..... Not one mention on CNN.... only Trump, and his crap.

Without press coverage in one of the Wealthiest countries in the World, how can they raise public awareness, which might cause contributions to be raised to help these people.

#2 Mar 20, 2019 10:18 am

New Historian
Active

Re: 10's of thousands homeless and without support in East Africa

BBC is giving extensive coverage to it. The whole of the eastern coast of Mozambique is one big flood plain, the same thing happened in 2000 when about 700 people were killed. What a blighted country sad

#3 Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am

Expat
Active

I know the BBC is covering it, that is why I know it is going on. Were I only getting News from Trump land I would be none the wiser.

#4 Mar 21, 2019 1:24 pm

New Historian
Active

Nuttin new there, staggering lack of knowledge of the world beyond their borders. RD is a rarity lol!!

#5 Mar 22, 2019 9:25 am

Slice
Active

American Tv and their journalist are fixated on Trump, the Muller investigations and the 2020 elections.  Israel has ah big elections coming up and they ent saying ah ting about that.  Even me get frustrated with the coverages.

#6 Mar 22, 2019 9:33 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

American Tv and their journalist are fixated on Trump, the Muller investigations and the 2020 elections.  Israel has ah big elections coming up and they ent saying ah ting about that.  Even me get frustrated with the coverages.

No they have, they have already mentioned Trumps support for the Golan Heights

Board footer