You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Adjudicated that Glyphosate DOES cause cancer.

New Historian wrote:

White people's "deaths of despair" is the same as Black people's daily existence for hundreds of years. Poor white people.

Yes, I completely agree it is pretty pathetic, yet there it is and it is contributing to overall life expectancy.  Blue collar white people are a huge part of the US population.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Mar 22, 2019 4:26 pm)

#12 Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I would also point out that the US leads the way in this sort of thing.  I am part way through a book called "Alienated America" and it lists a lot of factors for the despair and most of it is based on loss of social capital.

They are uneducated.
They are unmarried.
They are uninvolved.
They are unchurched.
They are unemployed.
They are involuntarily celibate.

They are alone and angry.

This is a disease of post modernism, automation and relentless screened media.  It is the invasion of despair and it is going global in the coming decades.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm)

#13 Mar 22, 2019 4:29 pm

New Historian
Active

"Because quality of health care has nothing to do with why the mortality rate is higher in the US."

You're gonna have to explain this one to layman me.

#14 Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

They are dying due to addiction, alcoholism and suicide.  That has nothing to do with cancer or any other physical ailment. 

http://fortune.com/2018/02/09/us-life-e … ped-again/

#15 Mar 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Or that there is ever growing causational evidence that it is getting into the human food chain, and is making you the fastest dying nation in the advanced World... despite having the most expensive health system in the World.

What the [f word] ever.  You have no idea but you are predictable as hell in your quackery.

Frankly, if your organic religion prevails against the Agricultural Revolution, hundreds of millions will starve as agricultural production collapses.  That you and your ilk persist in attacking modern agriculture is objectively evil.

America has a slightly lower life span than other nations but a bit of parsing of that data would reveal that it doesn't have dick to do with cancer.   New Zealand, Australia and Ireland have the highest cancer rates in the world.   Substantially higher than that of the US.  Why?  Because sunlight causes cancer... especially in the Southern Hemisphere and among the lightest skin people.  The sun is orders of magnitude more likely to cause cancer than the crap you worry about.

The Americans who dying at a faster rate are white, blue-collar men.  They are dying of addiction and suicide.  That doesn't have dick to do with Round-Up.  It has to do with a trend that will soon affect the rest of the world, even smug Europeans.

Actually, by the simple fact that you live in Grenada you are exposed to the carcinogen that is UV rays much, much more than I am here in Iowa where the sun never touches me at least six months a year and is much less intense during the other six.

We will see about the organic religion when the damage done to the soil reaches crisis point and the crop inexorably slow down as even the round up ready crops will not be able draw adequate nutrients from the damaged soil. Then wham bam, there goes your increased production.

There is not just a world of bugs above the soil, there are trillions of bugs both bad and beneficial in the soil, and when the toxins bugger them up it will be just like humans getting leaky gut syndrome. All kinds of initially inexplicable illnesses will follow.

PS I was only forwarding the info on a case which does concern Cancer. I was not implying that Roundup was the primary cause of cancer.

As I have said elsewhere, we all have cancer, it is simply whether or not it is triggered, at which point if your immune system has not been fricked by an excess of toxins you can usually destroy in unaided.

The vast majority of illnesses plaguing America currently are illnesses which did not exist or were such small numbers back at the turn of the century that are escalating out of all reason today. And no, it is not because they had not been identified, it is because mostly they did not exist.

People back then did not have refrigeration, did not have exotic methods of preserving with god knows what chemical, they ate fresh, or smoked, cured, or fermented. Ate organic food by compulsion as there wasn't anything else. It is since the 1st World war basically that Polyunsaturated fats crept into the diet, around the time of the second world war it was launched as a serious contender to Saturated fats, and with the aid of a few ill conceived and badly practiced studies mostly in Mental institutions poor judgements were made about the value of Unsaturated fats high in Omega 6 helping heart disease.

So with the advice get away from dairy the World switched to Margarine, and corn oil, and the Mid West farmers rubbed their hands with glee, and created mountains of corn which had to be used up, so HFCS was devised which drove the farming bandwagon even harder until now where combining all the side effects from polluted living spaces, and polluted food supplies Amerikee is in a shite place. Not content with that Amerikee is trying it's hardest to drag us all down the same path.

PS, you are in the Minority as to whether the global climate change is being worsened by mans input.... yet every one else is wrong...

In this case with respect to diet, and human intervention I am still with the group that hasn't yet become the majority, although the number is growing rapidly.... yet in your very self important opinion you are right, and everyone else is subject to quackery.

Whether you are in the minority or running with the pack YOU are always the only person who could possibly be right. Cha man.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 22, 2019 4:57 pm)

#16 Mar 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Or that there is ever growing causational evidence that it is getting into the human food chain, and is making you the fastest dying nation in the advanced World... despite having the most expensive health system in the World.

America isn't even close to the fastest dying. 

Please. You have proved again and again you know less about America than an average American knows about Nepal.  No.  Scratch that.  Your problem isn't that you know nothing of America.  Your problem is that virtually everything you "know" about America is wrong.

I grow tired of your pseudo-science quackery and your anti-Americanism DON.  It is exhausting.

#17 Mar 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Here you go...

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho … of-despair

Here is skin cancer by county.  What do you notice about the countries? (Hint: Who is most prone to skin cancer?)

https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/canc … statistics

New Historian wrote:

So if the USA healthcare system is the best in the world, why don't they live any longer than Cubans? PS this is your CIA source.

Because quality of health care has nothing to do with why the mortality rate is higher in the US.

New Historian wrote:

PS this is your CIA source. https://www.cia.gov/library/publication … a_2102.txt

Why do the US and the EU have statistically same life expectancies if the US is such a disaster?   Cuba is lower than both and I wouldn't believe any statistic from a totalitarian government with a ministry of propaganda.

I took a quick peek at the skin cancer by country stats, and I can see that while you can draw some conclusions about Aussie and NZ, as they tend to be outdoorsy, and there is less Ozone in the South, it is closer to the Sun during their Summers, and there is less POLLUTION in the atmosphere in the south to filter the Suns rays. As faras Aussie, the vast majority of the npeople live pretty close to the sea, and tend toward beach life. The Central area is pretty unpopulated except for people going bush and Aboriginals, so coast life is the order of the day.

However factor out the Aussies and NZ and it is far from simple. You actually have to factor in all kinds of behaviors. For example UK Men and USA Men have similar rates, but UK women have much higher rates than US women, Not only that but most of Scandinavia has much higher rates.... this must surely be due to their skin type, especially the Norwegians.

There is no simple reason, there are a vast array of reasons. Including people from Northern Climes enjoying holidays in the Mediterranean and Caribbean.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 22, 2019 5:18 pm)

#18 Mar 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

By the way...

I don't doubt the climate is changing.

I don't doubt that human activity is contributing to that change.

I doubt the impact on the environment will be close to as bad as the hysterical scaremongers allege.  Much greater climate swings have happened in the past.  Yes, there will be impacts and yes we will have to adapt.  The 'end of the world' talk, however, is absurd.

#19 Mar 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

By the way...

I don't doubt the climate is changing.

I don't doubt that human activity is contributing to that change.

I doubt the impact on the environment will be close to as bad as the hysterical scaremongers allege.  Much greater climate swings have happened in the past.  Yes, there will be impacts and yes we will have to adapt.  The 'end of the world' talk, however, is absurd.

The end of the world is relative. For the thousands that have died in recent months due to floods hurricanes mudslides and tornadoes the end has already been and gone.

#20 Mar 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

You can't tie that to climate change.  There have always been hurricanes and floods.   Stating that they were the result of climate change is the sort of unscientific scare mongering that makes you often seem silly.

In any case, there is significant science that also says that there will be fewer hurricanes as the climate warms.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn … urricanes/

Board footer