You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Mar 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Adjudicated that Glyphosate DOES cause cancer.

Real Distwalker wrote:

You can't tie that to climate change.  There have always been hurricanes and floods.   Stating that they were the result of climate change is the sort of unscientific scare mongering that makes you often seem silly.

In any case, there is significant science that also says that there will be fewer hurricanes as the climate warms.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn … urricanes/

The very first words that came out of that article were MAY cause. That's just like a herb jockey saying this or that MAY be beneficial for this or that reason.

Unfortunately you have become.... not gotten.... hung up on scientists opinions.... AS if they didn't change with the wind itself. As you surely know every scientific theory is only good until an alternative supersedes it. Eventually it may become a proven fact.... or so they think at the time.

Just as the diet diabolical mess. First of all we were happy with fats and regular food. Then "scientists" did some crap research, and now further "scientists" are countering that previous research. At least despite how confusing some of it may be, the later scientists are standing on the shoulders of the previous ones. and have greater deeper understanding of how things work than how they did 50 years ago.

Just because their evolved understanding doesn't fit with what works for you and your States economy does not make it quackery.
There is a vast array of information which you could quite rightly say is over my uneducated blue collar head, but I was gifted with just enough intelligence to sift through data supplied by higher mortals, and as many of them are kind enough to want to share their expertise in a way that lower mortals can understand, I can see the wood despite the trees.

Why I keep commenting on Americas pervasive influence with respect to our food and climate is not because I am anti American, it is because I am anti what America is trying to do to the rest of the world for the Benjamins. If you want to bugger up your nation fine. God bless all who sail in her, but when you are not content with your own demise, but want to bring it to everyone else. Nah.

There are enough American people connected with health that scream the American diet is killing us, don't just listen to my whining on. Many many of those deaths you were trying to counter will be blue collar and lower working class where they have poor diet information, low education to help them assess what is wrong, little money, so they will buy convenience foods laced with GMO's MSG. all kinds of preservatives, colourings and flavourings most of which will not be good for them. So they get over weight, fatty liver, leaky gut, clogged arteries (which can be cured with diet) and they take tylenol the number one drug that kills people for joint pain, and after all that they probably drink to dull the misery, take drugs cos they are stupid, and visit the Doctor for ailments that could be cured, but will be treated with toxic drugs that cause even more health issues.

Despite having quarreled many times with DON, I am more than happy to be tarred with the same brush. He was in the forefront of understanding big Pharma, I am just an acolyte.

#22 Mar 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

"...may cause..."  In other words, they don't know for sure.  Unlike you who seems to know the cause of everything.

Spoiler Alert: You don't know.  You are just cherry picking whatever that supports what you want to believe.  Faith based pseudo-science.

#23 Mar 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

"...may cause..."  In other words, they don't know for sure.  Unlike you who seems to know the cause of everything.

Spoiler Alert: You don't know.  You are just cherry picking whatever that supports what you want to believe.  Faith based pseudo-science.

I wonder if you just read the first couple of lines, otherwise surely you would have gleaned there was no cherry picking in it.

Its amazing that you are basically saying EXACTLY the same things I am saying about your take on most things. Not only that, but it was YOUR piece that said MAY cause, so I am not sure who you are trying to tie up in knots.

I regurgitate info that has been cited in all kinds of medical papers American and British usually, scientific research (MODERN) University papers etc etc. I do not claim to "know" unlike you who have informed us on more than one occasion that you know everything about science as you majored in it and spend hours every night reading quantum physics... or at least some tripe like that. So before you postulate try looking in the mirror.

And for Christ sake the psuedo science has been for the longest time the garbage many of the Dietitian/scientists have been churning out for the past 50 odd years.  It is now coming to light what crap much of it was as nowadays they know a bloody sight more about the intricacies of the body, food composition, and effects. While not everything they come up with may be spot on, it has a far greater chance of being right than the drivel they came out with in the 50/60/70s.

Margarine has been around in some form or other since the 1880.s give or take thanks to Napoleon, and has had a battle with Butter in the 19th and early 20th century which despite anti Marge laws it had won simply because it is less problematic for storage in temperate climates, making it more spreadable even before they renamed them spreads. But the pendulum has spun the other way despite Margarine mostly not being Hydrogenated any more. They are still made even when made from olive oil, with a lot of heating and messing around. Unlike BUTTER.... yummmmm. Which to be honest is pretty ok in the UK, but a pain in the arse in Grenada as the ambient temperature turns it to goo, and the fridge makes it too hard to spread. But it is worth the hassle as despite the fallacy that Marge is healthier than butter born out of a bad piece of research that has been held up as the gold standard. it is not.

#24 Mar 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

If you don't like the findings now, wait a bit.  They will be reversing everything you accept as canon in good time.

#25 Mar 23, 2019 11:35 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

If you don't like the findings now, wait a bit.  They will be reversing everything you accept as canon in good time.

I am bloody sure you don't live your life that way. I am pretty certain you read analyze, cogitate and make your best decision. And being you, that decision will be spot on an immutable.

#26 Mar 23, 2019 11:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I do.  But I don't have clue if eating an egg is good for me or bad for me and neither do you. There are so many conflicting views on it it is impossible to know.

#27 Mar 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I do.  But I don't have clue if eating an egg is good for me or bad for me and neither do you. There are so many conflicting views on it it is impossible to know.

I think we are getting past that point, There are a host of good foods, "Super foods", beneficial foods, beneficial herbs and spices. Herbal concoctions and products like Spirulina, Marshmallow root, Slippery Elm Bark, which depending on the product can be consumed in quantity, or some more sensibly in moderation, but all that are good for you and many ailments. HFCS is not, and it, and much of the pre prepared food which contains it on the market is BAD for you.

Certainly Eggs, Butter, Lard, in sensible moderation are good for you. Margarine which is high in Omega6 and made out of tortured oil products is not. There was a campaign that suggested Omega6 lowered LDL cholesterol, but the key research that started that crusade was very flawed, and definitely was not blind and placebo. While it may lower cholesterol and possibly help with weight reduction it is NOT good for your heart which was the claim from those flawed trials. The Higher ration of Omega3 in Butter, plus the consumption of oily fish, and Omega3 supplements are.

If you can get past the manufacturers doctrine and actually open your mind to some of what is laughingly called alternate you will find a host of information which is explained, and backed up by real blind/placebo trials.

My jumping off point to all this was Dr John Bergman a good old Catholic boy from California, now, I will say I have taken in vast swathes of what he has said and preached about, and can find synergy, but No man is either perfect, or knows it all, and can be misinformed by an errant piece of information. However the only thing I have found difficult to swallow was his view on Con Trails in the sky.

However leading on from him via a swathe of documentaries I have been learning about T Cells, Micro Biome, Ways to treat cure Anxiety and Depression, GMO's, and loads more. All these Series which are intended to be sold on CD's and utilised as part of a knowledge pack with revenue streams attached.... I have them recorded. Had I the available funds I might well have signed up for one or two of the packages, but I shall just settle for increased knowledge.

Bergman himself has two Chiropractic clinics which see around 800 patients a week. While obviously the video's he releases are going to help his business by introducing more potential customers to his services, he also just recently offered his assessment package which was greatly reduced to $20 from the normal charge, but then told the audience that ALL the money was going to a needy community in Mexico, and anyone wanting to donate more was welcome, as it is OUR World and we should look after it.

A Caveat to my comment about eggs, and butter. Personally I would say sources from natural sources, Unfortunately mass produced eggs.... I know you have them in the family.... are fed processed feed with antibiotics for coccydosis (sp) etc. and the birds are stressed and disposable in cruel restricted cages. The eggs will reflect the lifestyle of the parent, whereas mine also get a full day of Sunlight and scratching which makes a difference to the colour and taste of the eggs ( so mI am told, I can see the colour, but don't see any difference in taste... even when the shell has just dried from being layed..... but then maybe a history of smoking 60 cigarettes a day might have dulled my sense of taste. Cattle should also develop in a more natural environment, so the butter and milk will be less contaminated.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 24, 2019 9:04 pm)

Board footer