You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Expat
Active

Yeuck, gross

Today I stood gazing into the mirror admiring that debonair fizzog looking back at me.... Nah....

What really happened was I was about to shave, and had the hot water running, then flipped on the cold tap and splat, out came a dark object which sank to the bottom of the basin.

I picked it out of the water with a pair of tweezers, and tried to make sense of the slightly soft brown lump that I was grasping. I cannot, so may take it to the Ministry tomorrow.... it currently resides in an empty essence bottle in the fridge, as it was too late to get to the Ministry today.

Were this a room and tap that was used infrequently I might think something has crawled into the tap, and opening the tap pushed it out. But it is a mixer tap, so it could not have stayed up there which ever tap was open. It had to have been ejected when the cold tap opened.

This is really gross, as it could have been a drinking water outlet. Or it could have got into my powered shower, and buggered up the motor. Fortunately we used filtered drinking water, but it still could have been in that line blocking and decomposing.... Gross.

#2 Mar 25, 2019 10:31 pm

houston
Active

Re: Yeuck, gross

Yeah, that is gross. Especially when it is an undentifiable lump that suddenly makes an appearance through sanitary plumbing pipes.
I would be moving in short time.

#3 Mar 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Expat
Active

A follow up,  I didn't take the object to the ministry... I thought I had, but it hadn't been placed in the iced bag.... by wifey..... Dohhh

When I got back she says, I had a look at it, and its a piece of GRAPE.... I looked closely and it did seem to be a grape segment or something similar. It could not have been pushed up the tap by the only possible candidate, and while they might do silly things they would also admit to it, and they just gave me a funny.... Noooo look.  So it had to have come down the line, but from where? Weird.

#4 Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am

Slice
Active

Wifee to the rescue. She saved you time and money. I will always, always take you wife side.  Can't forgot those beautiful, sugar sweet Julie mangoes she gave me.

#5 Apr 02, 2019 7:56 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:

A follow up,  I didn't take the object to the ministry... I thought I had, but it hadn't been placed in the iced bag.... by wifey..... Dohhh

When I got back she says, I had a look at it, and its a piece of GRAPE.... I looked closely and it did seem to be a grape segment or something similar. It could not have been pushed up the tap by the only possible candidate, and while they might do silly things they would also admit to it, and they just gave me a funny.... Noooo look.  So it had to have come down the line, but from where? Weird.

Maybe a bandit on the loose that stuffs grapes into the water supply.
The solid particles get filtered. It's the nasty stuff that flows from those solids without treatment that are a concern. Lots of shyte can get into the pipes between the treatment plant and the kitchen tap.

#6 Apr 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Expat
Active

Some of it is put in AT the treatment plant.... e.g. chlorine.

Bad enough when put in at the right dilution, but when the water is milky as I have seen, you have to wonder how many extra cancer patients there will be in a few years time.

Board footer