You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 04, 2019 8:36 am

Slice
Active

IF YOU AH MAN RESIDING IN AMERICA, STAY AWAY FROM WOMEN

At this point, what should men do?  They never said sexual harressemnet, but now they are accussing him of invading they space.  What the F%%CK is dat?  You mean ah man cant even touch ah woman, without being accussed of some kinda harressemnet.  This is ah blasted shame, and I suggest maybe not now, but in the very near future this sheet is going to back fire on women.

I am not condoning true Sexual harressement, but geee me ah break, you can't talk, you can't touch and you can't come 100 feet of ah woman if you ah man in power.  In the very near future plenty woman go be alone, because men go be afraid to talk to them.

Ah moving back to Grenada, where those kinda sensitivity doh exist.  America is getting too damn sensitive.

#2 Apr 04, 2019 12:56 pm

gripe
Active

Re: IF YOU AH MAN RESIDING IN AMERICA, STAY AWAY FROM WOMEN

Slice, you properly noted that you are "not condoning true Sexual harressement". No one should quarrel with that approach.

However, I share your outrage. I consider the utter outrageousness of what is happening to be mind-boggling. How in heaven's good name could such ridiculousness be heaped on society, not only on the accused, by people who MANY (in some cases MANY, MANY, MANY) years later claim to have been sexually assaulted, offended, abused, taken advantage of, shamed, or some variation of those allegations?

By such behavior, our society is on a dangerous slippery slope to sordid vengeance where there are no limits to decency by those who, on the issue you raised, Slice, are prepared to unearth even barely discoverable skeletal bones to support their allegations, and use them as a dagger to thrust into the heart of the accused.

Evil, I say! Pure EVIL!

#3 Apr 04, 2019 1:07 pm

Slice
Active

Some consented and later, because the relationship ended, they scream Sexual harressemnet.  Gee me ah FRIGGING break. Ah mean if ah was still in the work place with the authority I had, ah staying away from every woman, that worked under me.

#4 Apr 04, 2019 1:16 pm

gripe
Active

As an example, Mr. Fairfax's troubles appear to fit into the scenario -- "Some consented and later, because the relationship ended, they scream Sexual harressemnet." -- that you mentioned.

One would hope that our society would soon come to its senses on this troubling -- from all sides -- issue.

#5 Apr 05, 2019 6:39 am

Slice
Active

I ent holding me breath.

#6 Apr 05, 2019 9:45 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

At this point, what should men do?  They never said sexual harressemnet, but now they are accussing him of invading they space.  What the F%%CK is dat?  You mean ah man cant even touch ah woman, without being accussed of some kinda harressemnet.  This is ah blasted shame, and I suggest maybe not now, but in the very near future this sheet is going to back fire on women.

I am not condoning true Sexual harressement, but geee me ah break, you can't talk, you can't touch and you can't come 100 feet of ah woman if you ah man in power.  In the very near future plenty woman go be alone, because men go be afraid to talk to them.

Ah moving back to Grenada, where those kinda sensitivity doh exist.  America is getting too damn sensitive.

Don't grab a woman you think is an old friend in Grenada, you could end up dead.... ring any bells.

#7 Apr 05, 2019 9:47 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The environment has changed radically.  I now refuse to meet or travel with female subordinates unless someone else is present.  This is obviously not good for men but it isn't good for women either.  They no longer have access to me, their employer, in a one-on-one setting.  This puts them at a disadvantage.  Still, I cannot risk a false claim against me.

Frankly, I am not the kind to flirt with women.  Since I would never cheat on my wife, it seems stupid to rev up the engine if there isn't going to be a race.  I suspect women who know me think I am a cold fish.  That doesn't matter.  I have to be as cautious as Lotharios like Slice now.

#8 Apr 05, 2019 9:49 am

Expat
Active

gripe wrote:

As an example, Mr. Fairfax's troubles appear to fit into the scenario -- "Some consented and later, because the relationship ended, they scream Sexual harressemnet." -- that you mentioned.

One would hope that our society would soon come to its senses on this troubling -- from all sides -- issue.

I thought we were debating the mild but slightly off attentions Bidon made some years ago. Don't know nuffink about no Fairfax.

#9 Apr 05, 2019 10:03 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Some consented and later, because the relationship ended, they scream Sexual harressemnet.  Gee me ah FRIGGING break. Ah mean if ah was still in the work place with the authority I had, ah staying away from every woman, that worked under me.

>> if ah was still in the work place with the authority I had, ah staying away from every woman, that worked under me.<<

And so you should. Whereas we should not be in a place as we are now, where you are afraid to smile at a member of the opposite sex, there is no way you should be overtly friendly, touching shoulders at the desk, or leaning in to women, etc. You might give a bloke a pat on the back/shoulders and that would likely be considered blokish, and OK. But if the patter was GAY?  the recipient might also feel awkward.

Maybe you are very lucky you are leaving America when you are.

We all have hang overs from times when things were more relaxed. Being from the West Country, a totally but oft used expression in that region used to be something like Allo my Luvverrrrr.... with no intention to be sexually explicit. I myself have a tendency to say things like thank you sweetheart, sweetie,or my dear, darling and probably other inappropriate expressions, with a genuine smile at the check out, it is simply a hang over from informality of earlier times. After close to 70 years you cannot rewrite the automatic script in your brain.

#10 Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm

gripe
Active

Expat, the Fairfax matter is playing out in Virginia. It involves the same issues being discussed in this thread.

Board footer