You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Expat
Active

Good New In Greenz

Well as we all know, when I am not finding fault with America, I am finding fault with Greenz,   and sometimes at a push with the UK.... but that's hard cos the UK is almost perfect.... smile

Anyhooos, the other day I get a back to front call from Flow saying they are upgrading me, and feeding me info I couldn't put together against what I had already without making me lay it out so I could get to grips with the info.... old age they call it. Plus the agents voice was kinda quiet, which also made it difficult to string it together.

So once I established they were making DSL obsolete, and I was compulsorily being changed plans for a better speed, at a lower price I grudgingly agreed... especially as I had no choice.

The reason for me not changing before was I thought it would involve punching new holes in the house, or untidy tails coiled up on the floor like they tried to do the previous time. Plus I have neat wall sockets for coax outlets.

FINALLY you may say, hear comes the good news. I was able to let the Cable TV go... saving $117.47 a month, and the wiring for the internet is the same, so I didn't have to change anything, except the outlet is now in the living room, so instead of extending the wifi from the Bedroom to the living room, it is now done the other way around.

Not sure what is different apart from the modem as it is still the same wires off the pole, I thought it was going to be optical wire...

Plus for less money it is now 15Gbps instead of 8.

#2 Apr 06, 2019 4:15 pm

houston
Active

Re: Good New In Greenz

Gave up the junk cable TV service 3 years ago. Cut off the Internet and land line service also. Saves me about 200 hard earned dollars/mth.
Got an antenna for 80 buxs that picks up all six of the channels that I need. The picture for some reason is more clear and has more vivid colour than the 300 useless channels that the cable company charges for.

#3 Apr 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Expat
Active

must be a pretty awesome antenna if you get still internet.

Last edited by Expat (Apr 06, 2019 4:30 pm)

#4 Apr 06, 2019 4:23 pm

houston
Active

Must be.

#5 Apr 07, 2019 7:56 am

Slice
Active

Now ah wonder, wha that go do for me.

Board footer