You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Apr 18, 2019 7:34 pm

houston
Active

Re: Awww she have a good heart a good!!! friend to have

Thin skin doesn't run in the family but watching Coronation Street does. A favourite uncle in Ireland couldn't miss an episode of the street and I could never understand the addiction to a soap opera.
Having limited channels means being forced to watch the street on occasion. The show is unique in that many scenes are filmed outdoors and the characters are everyday Blokes but the storylines seem to be getting very Americanized.

Happy Easter!

#12 Apr 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Expat
Active

Like I said I haven't seen it for 20 odd years more than a passing snatch view.

I was there at the very beginning, Ena Sharples, Minnie Caldwell, et al, black and white 425 lines, small screens. Like many people based series, you build a mental rapport with the characters, and develop an interest in their well being, and they are just there, every Monday Wednesday and Friday... or when ever it is. But change your life format, go out more in the evenings, or change job or what ever, and suddenly... it doesn't matter, and when you do check back 6 weeks later almost nothing has changed, and so you figure you can check back in 6 months... and almost nothing has changed, and then well... who cares.

I suppose they have to speed up the format to keep in tune with modern lifestyles? After all those years with train crashes and all kinds of mayhem I guess it must be pretty hard to find anything resembling a new story line. Maybe they will draw it out to 60 years and end the show with the end of days?

#13 Apr 25, 2019 5:51 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Slice wrote:

Mary, what it is about you and white folks?  Are you just getting to know them? Ah tink you should date ah white man or woman.

Slice I dont understand you sometimes
All I am saying my friends should have mindset like these. All you had to say is people like her is rare in general
Instead you asking me about dating people.
I have zero tolerance for online dating or matchmaking because you making match for me now.
A person suppose to naturally click with another quite naturally  !!!
Slice stop this matchmaking for me it does not work out good , natural relationships is already quite hard as it is muchmore!!! for something some one else advised to do lol
like you is an Indian man .
You dey in Grenada you choosing for yourself if is black or white  rightly so to but why are you trying to make match for me.? I simply posted the article  without  anything of this nature on my mind

Why you taking it upon yourself to tell me who to date just so you go get the man for me too if you knew one oh yes.
Because Mary don't suppose to have the rights you have to sit in her veranda and choose .  You sit and choose as they walk by. Lol.
Even running out your house to chat them to see which one you like without getting accused of unwanted advances since you left Baltimore .
Man gimme a chance eh
I accustom with man helping me with heavy bags and seeping me not freaking sounding sirens like I going to thief something steups  because sombody silly!!! say to watch her lol

Last edited by Mary Seacole/deportees (Apr 25, 2019 6:15 am)

#14 Apr 25, 2019 6:12 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Yes what a funny world we live in, intruth
strange site, the nearest to my land of birth but it very  strange  . All you fuk up here you see . I know so you lucky I come back after all

Board footer