You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 09, 2019 6:36 pm

houston
Active

Interesting read

This article is in line with a lot of what Expat was saying about the overuse of antibiotics. We all know that hospitals are a place to catch some sort of bug, so the shorter the stay the better. A bit concerning to think that some of these super bug outbreaks are not being made public.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/a-c … -the-globe

Offline

#2 Apr 10, 2019 9:21 am

Slice
Active

Re: Interesting read

I heard that on the news months ago, but the NIH is doing their best.  I also think it is proven that antibotics are vasely over prescribed, hence the reason America's Medical professions are asking to do it less.  Now ah even read, that if you child has an Ear infection, they might not treat it.  They say eventually the infection will disapper.

Now for three months after I left Grenada, I had Urinary track infestion.  No matter what my docs prescribe, it will not go away, and believe me I tried about 10 different kinds of antibotics. Finally the doc in Emergency care extended the time from 7 to 10 days with number 11 and ah guess # 11. did the trick.

Offline

#3 Apr 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Interesting read

Slice wrote:

I heard that on the news months ago, but the NIH is doing their best.  I also think it is proven that antibotics are vasely over prescribed, hence the reason America's Medical professions are asking to do it less.  Now ah even read, that if you child has an Ear infection, they might not treat it.  They say eventually the infection will disapper.

Now for three months after I left Grenada, I had Urinary track infestion.  No matter what my docs prescribe, it will not go away, and believe me I tried about 10 different kinds of antibotics. Finally the doc in Emergency care extended the time from 7 to 10 days with number 11 and ah guess # 11. did the trick.


So now your micrrobiome is completely buggered... leaving you open to a whole host of further illnesses.

Get plenty of high dose billions of microbes probiotics down your throat.   Eat and if you can look up how to make your own fermented foods. Antibiotics crucify your gut bacteria, and THAT is where 80 percent of you immune system resides.

One reason for not using antibiotics for an ear infection inchildren is that it usually in at least 95% of the time is not an infection.... which is why the antibiotics do not cure it.

The vast majority of time it is the end result of using potassin? do hasten the delivery of the baby, which causes neck trauma as the head of the baby is rammed against the cervix. Neck manipulation is reported to cure the problem 100% of the time. Or you can give the kid antibiotics and bugger up it's immune system.

Last edited by Expat (Apr 10, 2019 3:35 pm)

Offline

#4 Apr 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Interesting read

houston wrote:

This article is in line with a lot of what Expat was saying about the overuse of antibiotics. We all know that hospitals are a place to catch some sort of bug, so the shorter the stay the better. A bit concerning to think that some of these super bug outbreaks are not being made public.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/a-c … -the-globe


Over use of antibiotics is one cause for the Hospital super bugs, the other is over use of germicidal cleaners..... which kill ALL the bacteria.... considering MOST of the bacteria even on a hospital floor is symbiotic, you have just wiped out the first part of your defense from the nasty bugs.

While getting visitors and people handling sick people to use germicides is good, as they are already weak. Killing everything that lives with a full scrub down as happens after an outbreak leaves the place so crystal clean the nasty bugs have no problem recolonizing is dumb.

Same with your own skin.... every square inch has a thousand different types of bacteria.... god knows how many in total.... not to mention the trillions inside your body, along with viruses etc.  microbes are part of US.  we coexist. So use antibacterial soap, and you have just killed millions of friends. Making you open to hostile bugs.

Never mind the bacteria swishing around in your mouth.... Humans have more bugs in their mouths than Dogs.... not that I am suggesting a tongue job with a dog. We all know they like to lick some pretty awful stuff.

Offline

#5 Apr 11, 2019 7:56 am

Slice
Active

Re: Interesting read

About 95% of the time, you are one of the most intelligent person I know, but that 5% makes you wonder about your thinking. While in Greenz, everytime we spoke I left you home feeling like, WOW! evetime I speak to him, he stimulates me little brain.  Maybe sometimes you are too smarth for own good.

Offline

#6 Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Interesting read

Slice wrote:

About 95% of the time, you are one of the most intelligent person I know, but that 5% makes you wonder about your thinking. While in Greenz, everytime we spoke I left you home feeling like, WOW! evetime I speak to him, he stimulates me little brain.  Maybe sometimes you are too smarth for own good.

I most definitely am not the smartest kid in class, I have no illusions as to my mental capabilities, but I can read and write, and listen, and even watch, and by doing a combination of those 4 things I have followed an expanding path of knowledge that is researched, and referenced. Unlike many of the fairy tales you get from some of the orthodox sources. It might seem crazy, but things like the condemnation of butter, and animal fats against the supposedly healthy and heart protecting vegetable oil and corn oil is an example in point.

Factory created oil like vegetable and Corn oil are high in B6 which does in fact help to lower cholesterol, so the assumption has been it helps prevent heart disease. However it is basically bollocks based on flawed observations which have been perpetuated and promoted by the FDA and several heart organisations. However regardless of the cholesterol lowering properties, we as a species have evolved and function best when there is a higher ration of B3, the fatty acid that can be obtained from some vegetables, but mostly seafood, and to a certain extent from animal fats.

Vegetable oil.... what vegetable? Corn oil, canola etc, are all inflammation promoting whereas extra virgin olive oil, some nut oils and coconut oil are high in B3 and help to reduce inflammation, and are GOOD for your arteries and heart etc. Your body actually NEEDS cholesterol, both kinds as it is utilised by every cell in your body.

I knew bugger all about these issues backaday before I started to try and find ways to live longer after a Chronic Kidney Disease diagnosis. Bit by bit I have found out how ill conceived many conventional medicine procedures are, in fact how outright damaging most of their treatments are, and how limited their approach is. This is not to say there are some brilliant things done by medicine as well, but most diagnoses result in pain killers steroids blood pressure tablets or water tablets. All of which should be avoided unless extreme issues prevail.

Just the other day I took someone to a follow up session after some blood works and an x-ray. The doctor agreed with my interpretation of the results as the the imminent problem(I did not inform him of my thoughts), and was pleased as punch that the medication he had supplied had worked... err no, well proven herbal remedies had done the trick, and taking the NSAID would have created months of digestive distress for 5 minutes of pain relief. Not only that but despite the information being clearly decipherable in the blood test there was no mention of that person having a slight case of Chronic Kidney Disease, or Anaemia all connected with diabetes.

So don't wonder at my being fruit loops, wonder at why you are not researching things that can easily be terminal if left to regular docs.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB