You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 19, 2019 12:02 am

houston
Active

Elections

Excuse me but I really don't get it.
How does one powerful nation interfere with the elections of another powerful nation? Is it an electronic thing or a matter of agents convincing the public who to vote for?
I guess I'm a bit misinformed but wondering how Russia or any other nation can manipulate the óutcome of a democratic election in the US.
Maybe RD could explain.

#2 Apr 19, 2019 10:08 am

Slice
Active

Re: Elections

Will get back to you later

#3 Apr 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Elections

houston wrote:

Excuse me but I really don't get it.
How does one powerful nation interfere with the elections of another powerful nation? Is it an electronic thing or a matter of agents convincing the public who to vote for?
I guess I'm a bit misinformed but wondering how Russia or any other nation can manipulate the óutcome of a democratic election in the US.
Maybe RD could explain.

They falsely posted on formats like facebook etc creating fake accounts that spread malicious gossip and absolute falsities that fitted in with the mindset of people that wanted to believe it. Nowadays many people only watch Fox News simply because the lurve the Pres. I only watch CNN.... apart from the BBC, cos I can't stand his lyin backside. But if you target Black groups, Jewish groups, right wing born again Christian groups, and send them a message they are willing to follow, you have just distorted the election process.

There are a myriad ways they could and did do it.

Board footer