You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Dancer
Active

NOTRE DAME and WHITE privileges

In 3 days  about a BILLION dollars have been promised to repair a 850 year old church. OH I know " a cultural  symbol  "
After the destruction in the Middle East for the past years , with even more aged  human   history , " not a peep".

A Zillion people all over the world , hungry , no jobs , no money , giving tax breaks to the rich  , but it 3 days a billion to repair an old church that served its purpose. A place to pray , meditate and  be silent .
""" Which seems to have been loss , in the rush to  " so called rebuild "  An old building falling down , that did it service to humanity , can we not build something also that could last 850 years  also like equality  , social justice  and stop the inequality and fiscal privileges.

Just my thoughts. For is not Easter about rebirth  with a new understanding and hope.

#2 Apr 20, 2019 8:30 am

dapper
Active

Re: NOTRE DAME and WHITE privileges

It’s private individuals money so they could do what they like wid it

#3 Apr 20, 2019 8:50 am

Slice
Active

Dancer if it had something to do with Hollywood, ah bet you wont complain.  I am not religious, but I am catholic, I agree with Diaper let the folks spend their monies.  They can do what the hell they wanna do with their monies.

Last edited by Slice (Apr 21, 2019 8:18 am)

#4 Apr 20, 2019 3:27 pm

dapper
Active

Slice wrote:

Dancer if had something to do with Hollywood, ah bet you wont complain.  I am not religious, but I am catholic, I agree with Diaper let the folks spend their monies.  They can do what the hell they wanna do with their monies.

Are saying I’m full of shite now?
Why you calling me Diaper?

#5 Apr 20, 2019 4:52 pm

houston
Active

Dapper, I suspect that Slice made a spelling error as he frequently does. He was in agreement with you so don't take a spelling error as a personal slight. I think he needs a visit to the optometrist for a new set of prescription reading glasses.
Below is a long winded Murphy as to why Notre Dame matters.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu … me-matters

#6 Apr 20, 2019 5:03 pm

dapper
Active

Awwwwwww come on now,I knew it was a spelling mistake I was just being sarcastic..maybe I should’ve put an emoji or lmao ?

#7 Apr 20, 2019 5:27 pm

houston
Active

Got it, thanks Diaper.

#8 Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Expat
Active

Seems to me a new nick has been born.... Daiper it will be in perpetuity.    smile

#9 Apr 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

In 3 days  about a BILLION dollars have been promised to repair a 850 year old church. OH I know " a cultural  symbol  "
After the destruction in the Middle East for the past years , with even more aged  human   history , " not a peep".

A Zillion people all over the world , hungry , no jobs , no money , giving tax breaks to the rich  , but it 3 days a billion to repair an old church that served its purpose. A place to pray , meditate and  be silent .
""" Which seems to have been loss , in the rush to  " so called rebuild "  An old building falling down , that did it service to humanity , can we not build something also that could last 850 years  also like equality  , social justice  and stop the inequality and fiscal privileges.

Just my thoughts. For is not Easter about rebirth  with a new understanding and hope.

The Middle East thanks to BushII and Blair is an ongoing self destruct basket case. If you could ever find a regime that you could work with it is likely to be blown up or ousted as quick, or quicker than the infrastructure you might try and replace. So I am sorry, it simply has to implode, and we wait for the Phoenix. Other wise you are throwing good money after good money at it with no positive outcome.

The World has for the past few hundred years been fricked one way or another. While a few good gestures will help an immediate problem we need to teach people how to fish, not just deliver crates of fish to their door. Also sometimes you really cant help. If a nation wants to breed itself into poverty, then you just have to let nature take it's course. You can't cull them like you can a heard of deer that would starve to death from over grazing. So you wave a few dollars at them, and watch the video of emaciated children on the tv at night.

In the mean time the World is shrinking due to Climate Change.... we don't call it Global Warming anymore. Louisiana is shrinking at the rate of a football pitch every minute I think they said due to flooding, so even America has it's climate refugees.

#10 Apr 21, 2019 5:30 am

dapper
Active

houston wrote:

Got it, thanks Diaper.

Lmao

Board footer