You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Feb 06, 2017 7:51 pm

New Historian

DISGUSTING treatment by Barbadian police to Grenadian family!!

I've heard of, even experienced, police maltreatment before, but this episode sinks to new depths. Who the F*CK do these stinkin' Bajan police think they are? Look at the whole tape, these are completely innocent, decent Grenadian women who FULLY COOPERATED with this mistaken accusation of theft of a cell phone, with not a shred of evidence to back it up. And from there it went downhill all the way.

DISGUSTING! And what does our Noble Leader say about this unacceptable humiliation of our citizens abroad? Not a peep.

http://www.caribbean360.com/news/grenad … ian-police

#2 Feb 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Expat

Re: DISGUSTING treatment by Barbadian police to Grenadian family!!

The final comment you make does not seem to be true from reading the article.

Jumping in with both feet can sometimes cause your mouth to be stretched very wide.

Whilst the incident is troubling, going off half cocked is not good policy.

#3 Feb 06, 2017 11:01 pm

houston

The more stirred the pot the better for law firms. They line up for the twist of controversy.

#4 Feb 07, 2017 8:57 am

New Historian

If this was a one-off I'd suggest caution, but it is a consistent pattern of harassment by Bajan authorities of other West Indians, you forget Shanique? That case cost them dear, and they've been taking it out on West Indians ever since. If they were white English tourists do you REALLY think the police would have treated them like that?

This isn't a one-off; it's a last straw.

#5 Feb 07, 2017 11:59 am

Slice

Barbados again.  They have got to stop the abuse of CARICUM members.

I think our PM, must make s more forceful comment.   what he said is really nothing.

#6 Feb 07, 2017 2:10 pm

New Historian

Slice wrote:

Barbados again.  They have got to stop the abuse of CARICUM members.

I think our PM, must make s more forceful comment.   what he said is really nothing.

Indeed!

#7 Feb 07, 2017 2:25 pm

dapper

The simple solution to all this ? Don't go there!!
If I go to a restaurant or a store and I get bad service,they don't get my money no more.....simple

#8 Feb 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Garden of Eaten

It will serve all of us well, New Historian included, if we read Talkshop more thoroughly before posting a (supposed) new thread on a topic that was covered weeks before. Proof? See this link: http://spiceislandertalkshop.com/oldtal … php?id=202

#9 Feb 08, 2017 1:40 pm

New Historian

So what if it's a repeat subject? The more, the louder, the higher the voices are raised - the better. These Bajan police and immigration authorities are all little Hitlers, and as usual they take it out on the most vulnerable. As I asked before (yes, another repeat!): Would the police have acted in the same manner, if the "accused" (which they actually weren't) were lillywhite and English/American/German? I think not. Therefore it must be condemned. Then, and now.

#10 Feb 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Expat

Garden of Eaten wrote:

It will serve all of us well, New Historian included, if we read Talkshop more thoroughly before posting a (supposed) new thread on a topic that was covered weeks before. Proof? See this link: http://spiceislandertalkshop.com/oldtal … php?id=202

This format is tiresome enough already.  So now we have to do a search just in case.  Yeah right.

Lee de man alone.

Board footer