You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 02, 2019 8:52 am

Dancer
Active

STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS -- Ice Hockey people.

I seem to be in a regressive mood .  I have been watching the Ice Hockey playoffs in the last couple of days . Taking me back to my early days in Montreal , the Canadians  winning every thing  and  hanging out with friends , drinking beer on  some  Saturday nights.
Now why is that important ? I have not been watching hockey for years.

You know what , I am enjoying the speed and natural brutality of the game , and skill , I might add. lol.
I think I got tired of seeing all of that European soccer in the bars on the island. lo

Or was it that I saw the West Indies trash England  in some islands.
Not Gree. lo.

#2 May 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Slice
Active

Re: STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS -- Ice Hockey people.

Me Capitals are out of it. I am done with hockey for now.

#3 May 02, 2019 8:56 pm

houston
Active

Dancer wrote:

I seem to be in a regressive mood .  I have been watching the Ice Hockey playoffs in the last couple of days . Taking me back to my early days in Montreal , the Canadians  winning every thing  and  hanging out with friends , drinking beer on  some  Saturday nights.

You know what , I am enjoying the speed and natural brutality of the game , and skill , I might add. lol.
I think I got tired of seeing all of that European soccer in the bars on the island. lo

Not Gree. lo.

Dancer, the game of hockey is no longer a brutal sport. Certainly not near as brutal as football or rugby. Regulations and player protection have changed the gave into a high speed, highly skilled game. Teams no longer need to have oversized thugs to protect the skilled players because every player is small and fast.
It's much more entertaining to see the balanced skill on ice today rather than the goonery of yesterday. Any team is capable of winning the cup these days if they are able to reach the playoffs. I like it.

#4 May 02, 2019 9:58 pm

New Historian
Active

Dancer wrote:

Not Gree. lo.

Once a cricket lover, always! Come back to the right side, we'll still welcome you! And just in time too, this June in England the Windies will regain former glory and break British hearts. I trust Expat knows which side his bread is buttered, and supports the RIGHT team!!

Ice hockey (yes I still call it ice) does nothing for me, too violent too fast and too ... boring? I even prefer baseball lol!!

#5 May 03, 2019 9:44 pm

houston
Active

Hockey boring?..you need to be able to follow the game.
Baseball?...quite a fascinating sport, just a long season of 160 games. September is prime time.
Soccer?...really catching on. Great fans that are able to have fun watching a ball be kicked around on a huge field of grass.
Cricket?...now that long game stumps me. Not exactly an edge of your seat spectator sport.

#6 May 04, 2019 6:43 am

Dancer
Active

' Well    ;;;;;  houston
Cricket is called  a " gentleman's game "

I see you are not up to it . lmao. '

Board footer