You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 14, 2019 9:52 am

Dancer
Active

Spring has not Sprung

I figured May. Spring time !!!
Well you could have fooled me , 
rain nearly every day , cold , windy
Can I have a snap of brandy please .

Sorry... white.
sad. lol.

#2 May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Spring has not Sprung

Dancer wrote:

I figured May. Spring time !!!
Well you could have fooled me , 
rain nearly every day , cold , windy
Can I have a snap of brandy please .

Sorry... white.
sad. lol.

Spring is in the soil here... sorry Dude.

#3 May 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Slice
Active

And ah bunch ah folks, even RD, doh believe in Global warming.  Last year Baltimore had the wettest year on record, and so far for this year it ent look to great.  Yesterday it rained all FRIGGING day.

Last edited by Slice (May 14, 2019 12:48 pm)

#4 May 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

And ah bunch ah folks, even RD, doh believe in Global warming.  Last year Baltimore had the wettest year on record, and so far for this year it ent look to great.  Yesterday it rained all FRIGGING day.

Fairness to RD week, he has not denied Global Warming, or Climate change, he has followed the party line predominately churned out by the money hungry Republicans that it is a totally cyclical event that is not in anyway being impacted by the doubling of Human population in the past maybe 50 years, or the belching of trillions of tons of fossil fuels and other atmosphere warming gasses that are causing Glaciers to melt, perma frost in Russia to melt, and potentially switching of the gulf stream which will cause England's temperate weather to become main land continental with huge temperature and weather swings.

At every turn the rate of change is increasing, even low lying parts of America ...I think it was the Carolina's are losing land at some ridiculous rate.

Most "Civilised" ports and cities are on the seas edge, and are very vulnerable to these rises. London has the Thames Barrier, but when that was built the projections were not nearly so high as they currently are. So, and this my hypothesis, not a scientist projection, but in maybe 20 years the Underground in London could be used for storing potable water.

There are those..... often in America who may see the weather staying the same in America, and there being problems in the rest of the World, there bye presuming it is neither caused by industrialised nations, or in their case going to affect them. But I am pretty sure they are wrong

I would not argue that a couple of volcano's could do as much damage in a month as mankind might take 20 years to achieve, but lets not just stick our heads in the sand, lets deal with what we have, and hope for the best that no large volcanoes create a new ice age while we try and conserve what we currently have.

#5 May 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Point to me anything in the world today that is outside of the range of climate during the Holocene (last 10,000 years).  There is nothing.

I know for certain the climate changes.  I know for certain that it has warmed as of late.  I am damned sure there is nothing we can do about it except adapt to it.

#6 May 15, 2019 9:17 am

Dancer
Active

Why does 'pessimistic ' come to mind.
So .... a little reminder.  smh  for a lover of the Donald pronouncements"

Since we breath oxygen
There is something we had better do about it .
Deny , deny , deny  . OK Bill.
lmao.

#7 May 15, 2019 4:10 pm

houston
Active

#8 May 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Point to me anything in the world today that is outside of the range of climate during the Holocene (last 10,000 years).  There is nothing.

I know for certain the climate changes.  I know for certain that it has warmed as of late.  I am damned sure there is nothing we can do about it except adapt to it.

You might think YOU can adapt to it on your little island in the middle of Iowa, but you are plain wrong, the ramifications of crops failing, fish stocks depleting as the nurseries for these fish die out. not to mention the plastics and mercury that the fish and crustaceans are eating that WE are eating.  The escalation of the process, the total disappearance of critical states which are low lying which if there is any humanity will have to be rehoused SOMEWHERE, but maybe not in your back yard eh.

The failing crops of the middle ages which I think was primarily due to volcanic action is going to be like a walk in the park as the humongous population we now have fight for resources.

Only the other day I was watching the evolution of a fishing village in China to 60,000,000 people.... ONE CITY. That's nearly the population of the entire UK. I think, but may be wrong it only took 30 years.

We are destroying virgin forest to grow palm oil to bake cookies at a horrendous rate. Animals are simply unable to move, so go extinct.

Meanwhile you will wait for a personal message to tell you we have Fcked the earth   Sheit man.

#9 May 16, 2019 9:54 am

Dancer
Active

houston wrote:

How  clearer can you get  ?

Ha,ha.ha , but why give RD a choice ...... " he's not a child anymore "  then  RYE  places him in  the  -  one  other school.
sad. Lol.

#10 May 16, 2019 10:25 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

You might think YOU can adapt to it on your little island in the middle of Iowa, but you are plain wrong, the ramifications of crops failing, fish stocks depleting as the nurseries for these fish die out. not to mention the plastics and mercury that the fish and crustaceans are eating that WE are eating.  The escalation of the process, the total disappearance of critical states which are low lying which if there is any humanity will have to be rehoused SOMEWHERE, but maybe not in your back yard eh.

Yeah, I know Chicken Little, I have been hearing that the sky is falling for decades.  It's always falling but it never seems to bonk me on the head.

Here is what I don't get.  Why do you get all worked up about it?  It's like you think if you just get angry enough, you can get the sun to rise in the west tomorrow morning.

There isn't a damned thing you or I can do about the climate.  I am virtually certain mankind can't do anything about it.  Even if I am wrong about that, I am absolutely, positively certain mankind WON'T do anything about it.  Qué será, será, whatever will be, will be.

Do you know the Serenity Prayer?

Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

You should repeat that like a mantra... especially the last line.

Board footer