You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 20, 2019 4:44 pm

houston
Active

Devon

Watched this realestate program called "Back to the Country" that takes place in England.
The country side of Devon looked beautiful. The 17th. century stone homes with wooden rafters, several rooms, peat burning fireplaces and an acre of land were impressive for £750,000. Very reasonably priced. Mind you, these are 2014 prices and the lack of sunshine would be something to think about. That dreary, wet, cloudy weather that is more often than not would be difficult to adjust to. One would need a well made umbrella and lots of vitamin D substitutes.

#2 May 20, 2019 5:04 pm

houston
Active

Re: Devon

Have to say. When I think of England, I think of Big Ben, London Bridge and Buckingham Palace. Had no idea that there was such beautiful country land remaining on a relatively small island with a large population.

#3 May 20, 2019 5:05 pm

houston
Active

Can't forget, MI5 and Bond.

#4 May 21, 2019 7:30 am

Slice
Active

Talking about Expat country is taboo around here.  Then again if you speak to him, his country is Grenada now.

#5 May 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Talking about Expat country is taboo around here.  Then again if you speak to him, his country is Grenada now.

He gone right to the bone. Devon is the county I came from, I even have a Devon flag on the back screen of my car.

PS while it can be over cast, as can the whole of Britain, it like its neighbour Cornwall is blessed with very mild weather nearly all of the time. We dont even have proper rain, it's mizzle, which is half drizzle, and half mist.This year is set to be be another record hot year in the UK. Now would be the time to go.

#6 May 21, 2019 7:57 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Have to say. When I think of England, I think of Big Ben, London Bridge and Buckingham Palace. Had no idea that there was such beautiful country land remaining on a relatively small island with a large population.

Vast swathes of the stuff. From the air a patchwork of different coloured fields, hills, woods, streams, mini mountains. a few large cities like London and Birmingham. Quite a few large towns, and the rest is villages. Loads and loads of countryside.

#7 May 21, 2019 9:25 pm

houston
Active

The country side is spectacular and the towns are beautiful. No need to be near a metropolis.
I think I could deal with the mizzle, good sleeping weather.

Board footer