You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Feb 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Mt Rich Possi

Re: whatever happened to Da man

Real Distwalker wrote:

He married a Filipina gal from the Philippines.  Quite a bit younger than he is.

(LOL) I know Kesri love the young gals.... I wonder if that was a Mail Order Bride?....Filipina gals are loyal so I don't forsee any cutlass pulling in that marriage...

Mt Rich Possi

#12 Feb 08, 2017 8:42 am

Slice

I am not so sure, but ah thought he moved to Grenada.  Me ent know, but that is what ah heard.  Ask RD, that was he real PADNAH.

This was one ah could not figure out.  The man was married to ah White woman, but hated everything white.  When ah heard he marry white, ah almost piss me pants.

#13 Feb 08, 2017 8:52 am

New Historian

Slice wrote:

I am not so sure, but ah thought he moved to Grenada.  Me ent know, but that is what ah heard.  Ask RD, that was he real PADNAH.

This was one ah could not figure out.  The man was married to ah White woman, but hated everything white.  When ah heard he marry white, ah almost piss me pants.

Happens ALL the time, back in the day some of my biggest black radical friends had white women - and usually treated them like dogs lol!!

#14 Feb 08, 2017 9:30 am

Slice

New Historian wrote:
Slice wrote:

Happens ALL the time, back in the day some of my biggest black radical friends had white women - and usually treated them like dogs lol!!

So was Marcus Garvey.

So ah doh know how to read this White woman thing. It can be said that they ah bunch ah hypocrites or Black women are not that progressive.  Kinda hard for me to figure out.

Last edited by Slice (Feb 08, 2017 9:30 am)

#15 Feb 08, 2017 9:46 am

GMW

>>Was he the guy that was married to ah white woman and always talk oppression?<<

Soooo, what would be wrong with that? U mean if someone acknowledges racism and oppression they should not have relationships with white people? Now that logic can make them a racist too.

I've always had a difficult time coming to grips with dem kinda reasoning dey.

#16 Feb 08, 2017 9:47 am

New Historian

"So was Marcus Garvey."

Amy Jacques Garvey was fair skinned but certainly not white.

#17 Feb 08, 2017 10:40 am

Slice

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2012 … sure2.html

Take ah read.

Last edited by Slice (Feb 08, 2017 10:45 am)

#18 Feb 08, 2017 1:48 pm

New Historian

That was talking about Marcus Garvey's son, Dr. Julius Garvey. Seems like old man Marcus himself had a "unusual" marital life:

"Garvey was married twice. And both his wives had the same name, Amy," Martin told all woman. "The two of them were actually best friends at some time. They were roommates in Harlem, and the second wife was actually the maid of honour at the first wife's wedding."

Both Amys were Jamaican, neither white.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazine … cus-Garvey

Board footer