You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 26, 2019 10:21 am

Dancer
Active

Why China Is Building Hundreds Of New Airports- - MSN/CNN

With that caption MSN had 6 pics of  Airports , being built , soon to open or  there already in China.
VERY Futurist designs. LO.

A Fact.

In the space of barely more than a decade China has transformed from a Nation where few had ever experienced Air Travel to one  where   millions of its citizens are flying not only across their own vast territory but to destinations around the world.

.... Stories like that  is cool.

#2 May 27, 2019 11:16 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Why China Is Building Hundreds Of New Airports- - MSN/CNN

Dancer wrote:

With that caption MSN had 6 pics of  Airports , being built , soon to open or  there already in China.
VERY Futurist designs. LO.

A Fact.

In the space of barely more than a decade China has transformed from a Nation where few had ever experienced Air Travel to one  where   millions of its citizens are flying not only across their own vast territory but to destinations around the world.

.... Stories like that  is cool.

Unfortunately China is being an imperialist nation enslaving Nations by hook or by crook. Undercutting established markets and withering economies in the process. They will ultimately be worse than any of the previous imperialists. For the moment at least they are dominating economically who is to say the Jack Boot will not follow. They were happy to murder thousands at a time of their own during their Revolution.

Trumps as usual is being a DH. Instead of collaborating with everyone else he is going it alone. China couldn't ask for better. He is dividing and about to fall flat on his face all by himself... without them lifting a finger.

Trump rushes from one failed ballsup to another in a matter of weeks. Making friends with North Korea so they now have a World stage to play on. The Chinese play the long game of Decades not weeks.

I find none of it cool. I find it frightening. There is a big difference between a vanguard Chinese take away shop, and "projects" that will have you indebted.

#3 May 28, 2019 4:45 pm

WH Man
Active

You're right on the money with this one!

#4 May 28, 2019 6:26 pm

New Historian
Active

"They will ultimately be worse than any of the previous imperialists. "

That's a pretty high bar, at least the Chinese aren't enslaving anyone, haven't committed genocide against anyone, and haven't been in a single war since WW2.

#5 May 28, 2019 8:05 pm

houston
Active

WH Man wrote:

You're right on the money with this one!

Not as simple of a solution as turning a middle eastern country into a parking lot, is it WH Man?

#6 May 28, 2019 9:12 pm

WH Man
Active

New Historian wrote:

That's a pretty high bar, at least the Chinese aren't enslaving anyone, haven't committed genocide against anyone, and haven't been in a single war since WW2.

Interesting....How about the estimated 1.5 Million  Uighurs Muslims that are currently being held in internment/reeducation/slave camps simply because of their religion?

...…"in a single war since WW2"...……  I suspect their active participation in the Korean war (1950-1954) was simply a Sunday walk in the park for a picnic.

#7 May 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

They killed 50,000 of their own about 2 or three times at the orders of chairman Mao if memory serves me. Just for political expediency.

Lets not forget Tiananmen square.

It's not a competition on who did what over what period. I am simply stating THEY are going to be the new super power, and they are inveigling themselves very cannily into most Continents surreptitiously, by the time the nations wake up to what has happened they (the Chinese) will be up the the balls in your dumb asses.

They have been cold cocking most Nations with restrictive licensing when Westerners have tried to establish businesses on mainland China. The American one I worked for was fricked around for years. While they will happily set up sheite all over the World, win engineering contracts, and control the internet if we let them.

Maybe 8 years ago RD was scoffing at the idea that China could challenge America, despite China owning most of Americas dept.... I guess on the basis America would be too big to be allowed to fail. Forget that, they could just as easily watch America crumble and self destruct, and then run it as a vassal state.

They are not a five minute 1776 type nation, they have been around for a couple of thousand years. One city maybe 30 years old that used to be a fishing village  60,000,000 people..... just one city. THEY could close their borders and exclude the World again if they wanted. America thinks it can manage without the rest of the World, or at least Trump does, but THEY could.  They did it for a bloody long time already.

#8 May 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Expat
Active

WH Man wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Interesting....How about the estimated 1.5 Million  Uighurs Muslims that are currently being held in internment/reeducation/slave camps simply because of their religion?

...…"in a single war since WW2"...……  I suspect their active participation in the Korean war (1950-1954) was simply a Sunday walk in the park for a picnic.

I guess Tibet and the  Dalai Lama might not agree with NH.

Board footer