You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 05, 2019 10:58 am

Dancer
Active

Where Are The Mothers ????

Have you noticed the almost daily   ,,,,,  the man  parent taking care of the kids  these days ?
MEN  , what's going on ? What are the women doing ?

In the island , the same  story. Guys taking the kids to school , men cooking 75% of the time.
Up North , only yesterday my neighbor  said he is running to take his little 4-5 year old daughter to ballet lessons.
Get a grip men.  Lo.

I've got this friend  Fred  on the island . You know , we talking man to man . (for my ears only... lmao )

"" I told Maureen , I will be a loving husband and cook the Sunday dinner. " Thanks Fred, love yuh "
He  related that  he had been  cooking the Sunday dinner for about 2 years now . ..... most of the time.
Now !!! Maureen asks him in the morning  ""  What are you going to cook today Fred "   Now this is in the middle of the week
I told Fred to encourage her to get a maid.. lol.

#2 Jun 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: Where Are The Mothers ????

I'm all for gender equality: being born in a time when women clearly earned less than men, and were considered as less efficient at best.

However, we also need to understand that as long as gender polarity exists, and within a vast freedom of choice within a couple of whoever takes care of the children, there is a female polarity and a male polarity, each with their specificities, each providing some nurturing.

I understand that there are couples which work fantastically with reversed roles. But then, the roles are clearly assigned, and whoever is in the mother role, nurtures the children accordingly, same for the father role.

What I want to say is: make sure there is a Mom, even if she has a beard, and make sure there is a Dad, even if he wears skirts. Our children need both of them equally.

#3 Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Slice
Active

Allyu kinda late with dat.  From the day ah was married ah cook six days ah week and me wife cook one.  I took me child to all his doctors visits and all sports activities..  That is in America, leh me just say, it is ah totally different story in Grenada; men are still in control and the man is the boss, and waited on in everyway.

Ah doh clean and ah doh do laundry. Now as ah dey in Greenz, ah have too.

#4 Jun 05, 2019 6:56 pm

houston
Active

Times a changin with both parents having careers. They need to have a dual income in order to provide for the kids. Not unusual at all to see dad out for a walk and pushing the stroller. It's actually really good to see...same with the shared cooking and cleaning chores.
Heard a corny riddle this morning..
What type of bee produces milk?
Yes of course, a boobee.

#5 Jun 06, 2019 7:19 am

Slice
Active

You made me think for about 10 seconds, but ah got the boobee thing.

#6 Jun 06, 2019 9:45 pm

Dancer
Active

Slice wrote:

Allyu kinda late with dat.  From the day ah was married ah cook six days ah week and me wife cook one.  I took me child to all his doctors visits and all sports activities..  That is in America, leh me just say, it is ah totally different story in Grenada; men are still in control and the man is the boss, and waited on in everyway.

Ah doh clean and ah doh do laundry. Now as ah dey in Greenz, ah have too.

.....////    Slice I am watching some ice hockey.    BLUES vs  BOSTON   . It gives me some  time to reply to the above.

Read carefully .... " There is a  wuss in Baltimore ...... so very  sad.    .....  Plus a wannabe JCB

Wifey had a  maid from day 1.
No need to hire one. Lmao.
Do you wear an apron also.

Unbelievable........  I gone ,,,  hockey please.  " """  May May  , bring a beer for the boy. A cold one """

Sorry Slice you can't even  THINK  of doing that.

What a pity. smh.

#7 Jun 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Dancer
Active

Vanni wrote:

I'm all for gender equality: being born in a time when women clearly earned less than men, and were considered as less efficient at best.

However, we also need to understand that as long as gender polarity exists, and within a vast freedom of choice within a couple of whoever takes care of the children, there is a female polarity and a male polarity, each with their specificities, each providing some nurturing.

I understand that there are couples which work fantastically with reversed roles. But then, the roles are clearly assigned, and whoever is in the mother role, nurtures the children accordingly, same for the father role.

What I want to say is: make sure there is a Mom, even if she has a beard, and make sure there is a Dad, even if he wears skirts. Our children need both of them equally.

....... "  Right on the money Vanni .   I hope ...you know who reads your reply.

#8 Jun 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Expat
Active

I as usual will not conform.

There are far too many people in the world already, double the amount in my lifetime.

While I am not homophobic, I simply do not believe same sex parents should be raising kids. Especially if they have to create a kid with surrogates or go down the sperm bank. While THEY may think they have a need, the child should also be considered, just as in the case of 60 year old women bearing children simply because it is possible with modern medicine.

Simply put, and this applies to people who are for all intents and purposes infertile. If you can't make it the regular way, and be regular parents, then sorry, but that's just tough.

I've had a couple of close calls at being a parent, but in each case it wasn't to be.... so fortunately for some cell or other it hasn't had the misfortune to carry my genes. If I can live without heirs then especially if you are not in a relationship that is likely to create one.... why cant you?

#9 Jun 09, 2019 4:19 am

Vanni
Active

Expat, while I do vastly prefer natural conception to artificial one, I also figure out the limitations of my own understanding about life.

If Life allows any form of conception, in my understanding - and I know that from right here our paths are parting you and I:

an individual must choose to inhabit a certain body in order to animate it. If noOne comes to inhabit it, it then remains inanimated = it perishes.

Consequently, if someOne comes to inhabit a body, there must be a good reason for it. Either it's meant to be a tough wake-up call to Reality, or/and it's yet another avenue of expression and exploration of Life.

And I cannot judge about which one of both it is.

Last edited by Vanni (Jun 09, 2019 6:37 am)

#10 Jun 09, 2019 10:29 am

Expat
Active

Goddists might be able to say God gave man the ability to interfere with the "normal" birth process, ergo it is OK.

One might think as an Atheist I would not be bothered... well on religious basics no I am not, but while I applaud medicine and scientists for trying to reduce pain and suffering, limb repairs, etc. I am to an extent a fatalist. In that light, if you can't make children tough. If you chose, or as I would accept have a lifestyle chosen for you by your genes, or chemical make up that puts you in relationships that cannot bear fruit, also tough.

Board footer