You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 15, 2019 11:23 pm

Expat
Active

Apple cider vinegar can't help heart burn surely

Well actually yes it can.

But ACV is ACIDIC right, and reflux/heartburn is acid going up the esophagus so putting acid down your throat doesn't sound like a good idea.... come on man really.....

Well. you have options. You can take pump inhibitors and antacids.... all of which have detrimental side effects.

You could have a fundoplication operation done.... I had that.... Just think... an operation to twist your stomach around your esophagus which worked for me for about a year.

Then you can eat less, that helps, and you can chose to eat foods that don't cause heartburn, that helps too.

But then we get back to the ACV, why does it work? And yes, it does. If you haven't overloaded your stomach by being greedy which is asking for it anyway, it is most likely you actually do not have enough acid in your stomach, so the sphincter valve at the top relaxes, as it senses acidity, and it relaxes to let you burp . Up goes the acid, and misery, and if it happens often enough your esophagus gets eaten away by the acid, and you can get cancer. I used to vomit after eating from the pain.... It aint funny.

Back to the ACV, it INCREASES the acid levels causing the sphincter to close, end of heartburn. Plus as a cultured product with the "mothers" it is rich in enzymes, pectin and other useful stuff. Many sites, even those that recommend it seem to get mixed up, stating the ACV neutralises the stomach acid.... how can one acid neutralise another, complement maybe, but neutralise.... bah humbug. phoooey.

In addition it can help to thin blood.... so caution if you are on warfarin or something similar, but hey.... apart from reducing blood clot risk isn't blood thinners to help lower blood pressure by making it easier to pump..... well yes it is.... so good old ACV helps lower blood pressure without damaging your liver, but does it end there.... err no, it also increases your insulin sensitivity, which helps with diabetes.   Damn this stuff is good, and you can even put it on your chips or mix it with oil and use it as a salad dressing.... FANTASTIC.

And so much cheaper than most medications.... A real winner.

But guess what there is NO medical research on this well known treatment, so no medical body or paper will recommend it without stating there is no research, and suggesting using big pharma products.... do we see a pattern here?

Why has no research been done? could it be it would cost big pharma billions in lost sales? I mean, Doctors don't get kick backs and freebie medications to push onto patients do they?   nah, surely not.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 15, 2019 11:28 pm)

#2 Jun 16, 2019 10:42 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Apple cider vinegar can't help heart burn surely

Are you in favor of  ACV  or not ?
People over centuries say it is good  for you . 
Make up your mind. No fence sitting .
Thank you.

#3 Jun 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Apple cider vinegar can't help heart burn surely

Dancer wrote:

Are you in favor of  ACV  or not ?
People over centuries say it is good  for you . 
Make up your mind. No fence sitting .
Thank you.

Maybe you need to read what I wrote. There's no ambiguity in my position.

Board footer