You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Expat
Active

SO WHEN PEOPLE REBUKE PUTIN HE PICKS UP HIS TOYS AND LEAVES

Something like 140 odd States condemn him for his actions in Syria, so he leaves the international Criminal Court.

Mind you several Countries already have, or suggest they might. Even Britain, when actions of individual soldiers in a war zone were to be judged. I understand both sides of that one.... Soldiers should keep within their legal mandate, but sometimes events unfold putting someone in the right... in the wrong.... It is just like doctors being afraid to treat patients in case they get sued if it doesn't work out.

#2 Nov 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SO WHEN PEOPLE REBUKE PUTIN HE PICKS UP HIS TOYS AND LEAVES

Yes, very few people want to be subject to criminal law they don't understand enforced by a system that is completely unknown to them.

#3 Nov 16, 2016 6:45 pm

OGTrump

I'm glad that Daddy doesn't even recognize the ICC. Why should he? We run things now.

#4 Nov 17, 2016 8:02 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

Something like 140 odd States condemn him for his actions in Syria, so he leaves the international Criminal Court.

Mind you several Countries already have, or suggest they might. Even Britain, when actions of individual soldiers in a war zone were to be judged. I understand both sides of that one.... Soldiers should keep within their legal mandate, but sometimes events unfold putting someone in the right... in the wrong.... It is just like doctors being afraid to treat patients in case they get sued if it doesn't work out.

I do not tink America supports that court either; so, doh blame Putin for the madness.  Countries like trying their citizens.

#5 Nov 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

I do not tink America supports that court either; so, doh blame Putin for the madness.  Countries like trying their citizens.

My reason for commenting is because Putin does not want to be called out for blatant massacres.

A while back some of the staunch communist brigade on here were supporting Putin in every aggressive stance he took.

He has done almost the reverse of Cruschev who blinked just enough to let Kennedy off the hook, knowing he would have escalated. Obama whilst appearing not to be a strong adversary has at least kept us from escalating which would probably be the only other alternative. I guess if you like your Kentucky Fried Chicken to glow in the dark pushing it to the limit is the way to go.

Putin does not want to be associated with the Court because he doesn't want to be on trial for War Crimes.

#6 Nov 18, 2016 6:07 am

Vanni
Active

Or could it be that the the real warmongers have been spared, and are possibly opportunistically creating diversion with Putin? How about the constant provocation against Russia and other BRICS countries? Man if someone doesn't want a nuclear war here ... Is it really Russia and China who want it? How about Isis and the relationship with America?

A few questions worth wondering about. Which could point toward the actual criminal. Aren't we living in a world which needs to undergo a thorough purge?

#7 Nov 18, 2016 8:10 am

Slice
Active

Vanni wrote:

Or could it be that the the real warmongers have been spared, and are possibly opportunistically creating diversion with Putin? How about the constant provocation against Russia and other BRICS countries? Man if someone doesn't want a nuclear war here ... Is it really Russia and China who want it? How about Isis and the relationship with America?

A few questions worth wondering about. Which could point toward the actual criminal. Aren't we living in a world which needs to undergo a thorough purge?

Vanni, please explain that question   "How about Isis and the relationship with America?"

#8 Nov 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Vanni
Active

Slice,there is enough information available about the implications and support among others of Isis on behalf of the USA and other European countries.

You may want to research the formerly classified CIA documents which the Judicial Watch obtained through Freedom of Information Act lawsuit (FOIA), which shows that since 2008 the US Government knew fully well what would happen if they supported opposition groups in Iraq and Syria and what would happen if they train and arm these so-called rebel groups to the Assad Government.

Last edited by Vanni (Nov 20, 2016 1:26 am)

#9 Nov 20, 2016 7:31 am

Slice
Active

There you go, ah wonder why they did not back before 2008?  Leh me tell you why.  Judicial watch, while the name sounds legitimate, they are not, they are a Republican group, whose sole intent is to destroy Democrats.

#10 Nov 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Vanni
Active

Are the contents of the document legitimate? If yes, are you blaming the messenger?

Board footer