You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am

Dancer
Active

Swearing Good for People ... says Ukrainian health minister.

BBC.. Trending.

We've probably sworn at least once in our lives. ( only once ,lol )
Whether for relief  or to express frustration , swear words are a versatile part of language.
... In Ukraine the acting health minister Ulana Suprun has  suggested  that  swear words can be good for your health as the use of them can indicate strong relationships and good emotional contact between people .

She was commenting in response to a proposed new law being put forward by MP Olha Bohomolets , which aims to stop public figures  from swearing in the media.   ......   " It says that people swearing on TV and public speeches could be fined up to 1,275 Ukrainian hryvnias  ( $49 , 39 pounds)

BUT Dr Suprun's view is that cursing can be useful in extreme    situations , saying in a number of cases the use of swear words means that people are close to each other and their is good emotional contact between them.  ( my chocolate ******)    ... maybe lo.
She added that people should work on removing their feelings of aggression rather than their obscene language.

..... anyhow ....the sun is shinning.... lol.

#2 Jul 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Swearing Good for People ... says Ukrainian health minister.

Dancer wrote:

BBC.. Trending.

We've probably sworn at least once in our lives. ( only once ,lol )
Whether for relief  or to express frustration , swear words are a versatile part of language.
... In Ukraine the acting health minister Ulana Suprun has  suggested  that  swear words can be good for your health as the use of them can indicate strong relationships and good emotional contact between people .

She was commenting in response to a proposed new law being put forward by MP Olha Bohomolets , which aims to stop public figures  from swearing in the media.   ......   " It says that people swearing on TV and public speeches could be fined up to 1,275 Ukrainian hryvnias  ( $49 , 39 pounds)

BUT Dr Suprun's view is that cursing can be useful in extreme    situations , saying in a number of cases the use of swear words means that people are close to each other and their is good emotional contact between them.  ( my chocolate ******)    ... maybe lo.
She added that people should work on removing their feelings of aggression rather than their obscene language.

..... anyhow ....the sun is shinning.... lol.

It is people like those who change our good traditional values.

#3 Jul 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Expat
Active

Which ones?

The ones where swearing is a form of vent, unless done to excess and used all the time in every sentence.

Or the one where you should be hauled up in front of the judge if you say oh crumpet in public.

#4 Jul 12, 2019 8:08 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Which ones?

The ones where swearing is a form of vent, unless done to excess and used all the time in every sentence.

Or the one where you should be hauled up in front of the judge if you say oh crumpet in public.

I've noticed that my 6th grade students change the swear words in euphemisms. I told them that I am very appreciative having not to hear them in the raw!

#5 Jul 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Expat
Active

Euphoniums can make a lot of noise.... smile

Board footer