You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 16, 2019 2:34 am

Calypso
Active

The Past Met the Present

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_T30rqo0Y

Nothing changed despite the brutality of slavery.

#2 Jul 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Expat
Active

Re: The Past Met the Present

Slavery is alive and kicking now, possibly just as common place, simply it is not just folks from Africa, it is sweat shops in India with little children working 16 hours a day, it is whores shipped by trickery from parts of Eastern Europe to Western Europe including Britain, to be used and abused, it is people shipped by Roma from Poland I think it was to do forced labour with an endless dept platform to keep them in servitude indefinitely.

There was a rash of Pakistani men grooming White and Black girls in England to turn them out on the streets, Many have recently been jailed.

All colours all races NOW.

Last edited by Expat (Jul 16, 2019 9:23 pm)

#3 Jul 17, 2019 12:46 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Slavery is alive and kicking now, possibly just as common place, simply it is not just folks from Africa, it is sweat shops in India with little children working 16 hours a day, it is whores shipped by trickery from parts of Eastern Europe to Western Europe including Britain, to be used and abused, it is people shipped by Roma from Poland I think it was to do forced labour with an endless dept platform to keep them in servitude indefinitely.

There was a rash of Pakistani men grooming White and Black girls in England to turn them out on the streets, Many have recently been jailed.

All colours all races NOW.

Is that what I am trying to get across here? You must be having your period! The Akran people are in Surinam and Jamaica when they were taken as slaves to the indies. Now hundreds of years later, a modern member from the African tribe can still communicate with him.  Racial preservation, keeping the bloodline pure is something wonderful. It preserves culture!

#4 Jul 17, 2019 9:34 am

Dancer
Active

Keeping the bloodline pure Calypso ? Are you sure you are not Jewish. lol.
90% of the island people  originated from Ghana . I can see them everyday in TO.
JA   more 'multi   tribal
Just shooting.....

In the Methodist church : Like teachers Revs would come from England , spend 2-4 years and some are then transferred to other islands.
I have noticed in today's Caribbean  , Revs from Ghana has filled that void. On and off in the last 10 years I have met 3 different ones at the 'village' church.

#5 Jul 17, 2019 10:31 am

New Historian
Active

"The Akran people are in Surinam and Jamaica when they were taken as slaves to the indies. Now hundreds of years later, a modern member from the African tribe can still communicate with him"

Where you get that from? Which Jamaican today speaks any African language? That sound like Anansi story, pun intended lol!!

#6 Jul 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

"The Akran people are in Surinam and Jamaica when they were taken as slaves to the indies. Now hundreds of years later, a modern member from the African tribe can still communicate with him"

Where you get that from? Which Jamaican today speaks any African language? That sound like Anansi story, pun intended lol!!

The Akran is not one tribe. There are  different peoples from the gold coast. The first slaves to inhabit the Caribbean were primarily criminals who were captured and sold.  Later in the 1700s, the demand for more slaves to work in the sugar industry caused the raid on many African villages. The Akran people are the Coromantees-- the Maroons of Jamaica. They were very hard for the Europeans to handle and instigated all of the rebellions.

Board footer