You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 28, 2019 12:35 pm

Dancer
Active

A 5 minute window

Now they are digging up the streets.  No Internet , people grumbling , ... switch companies.
But how is it going  ?  Carnival in the Air.  Now I have always wondered  , a JA with a name Calypso .  ..... and some of dem don't even like Kaiso.  ..... sad.
(generalization lol )

In TO its  Caribana Fever , lots of misic , happenings  ,   all around , in the East of the City  , the TO Jazz festival 5 blocks , all kinds of  Jazz .  lo.

Since its a West Indian cultural  extravaganza ,  it would not suprise me if 'somewhere ' you might find some SHANGO..
Coming over ?

sad.

#2 Jul 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: A 5 minute window

Dancer wrote:

Now they are digging up the streets.  No Internet , people grumbling , ... switch companies.
But how is it going  ?  Carnival in the Air.  Now I have always wondered  , a JA with a name Calypso .  ..... and some of dem don't even like Kaiso.  ..... sad.
(generalization lol )

In TO its  Caribana Fever , lots of misic , happenings  ,   all around , in the East of the City  , the TO Jazz festival 5 blocks , all kinds of  Jazz .  lo.

Since its a West Indian cultural  extravaganza ,  it would not suprise me if 'somewhere ' you might find some SHANGO..
Coming over ?

sad.

I've discovered a new movie called Ganja and Hess by Bill Gunn. It's from the Blaxploitation era. Tell me if you like it.

#3 Jul 30, 2019 9:39 am

Dancer
Active

Re: A 5 minute window

Quite different 'horror/vampire' . Never saw it before , but ... had you in a flutter eh ?
I liked the filming angles  ,   quiet  unhurried pace of the movie  , made you want to see  the next  chapter.
Actors , the woman .... what a 'disturber' .  And the sensuality .
Believe it or not . When I started to watch the movie , I remarked , '' I saw something  before ,  that looked like this movie."
I was correct. Two or more weeks ago I borrowed a movie from the local library.  Spike Lee's  .... Sweet Blood of Jesus .
After  watching  it   for a while , I shot it back to the library. "
Now I learn its a Spike Lee remake of Ganja and Hess. It does not come close.
>Like to be scared JA, ahhhhh.

You gotta tell how you liked it  JA.

Last edited by Dancer (Jul 30, 2019 9:42 am)

Board footer