You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 25, 2019 10:42 am

Calypso
Active

UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44019432-unchained


In the autobiography, Mrs. C gets very personal but takes NO responsibility as to the role she played during the revolution that caused Bishop his life. She did empowered some women--at least the ones whom she could reach. The 16 years she spent imprisoned did not break her. She was ostracized, beaten and even tortured-- not to mention some tried to rape her.  I see Mrs. Coard neither as a victim or an instigator but a foreigner who used force instead of power to start a revolution.

Offline

#2 Aug 25, 2019 11:42 am

Dancer
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

You know as a Caribbean man  and reading stuff of or about the Revo . I could never get a picture of her and her role or not in the Revo.
" I guess I will have to read 'Unchained "

....
I have to question sometimes , more clarity...lol
>  but as a foreigner  who used *** force instead of power ***   ..... 'I am scratching my head'
Could you extend  that - your meaning please.

Offline

#3 Aug 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

Dancer wrote:

You know as a Caribbean man  and reading stuff of or about the Revo . I could never get a picture of her and her role or not in the Revo.
" I guess I will have to read 'Unchained "

....
I have to question sometimes , more clarity...lol
>  but as a foreigner  who used *** force instead of power ***   ..... 'I am scratching my head'
Could you extend  that - your meaning please.


https://juhotunkelo.com/being-powerful- … -forceful/


I learned the subtle difference at a Landmark training years ago and try to exercise it.   You should too to be liked more by people.
Mrs. Coard was a member of the Central Committee and the President of The National Women's Organization. Shew was able to expose the horrible healthcare service, the discrimination of women; she also tried to empower women to get an education to improve their lives. Shew was not liked-- and this is not because she was a Jamaican. it was her lack of tact and social skills. She offended a lost of people because of how she berated them . Using language is a positive way saves a person's dignity instead of being too direct. This was a lesson I had to learn.

Offline

#4 Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

So you learned  to be kind .
..... but what  I was thinking about Coard  ( a stranger in a strange land ) .  Could not  her  "boss' "Chief' tell her to straighten up and fly right."
So I get it ,  the woman did not have any manners .
At the end your l piece said ...
..... Being forceful has to do with exercising power over others.
..... Being powerful has to do with tapping into your own strength and affecting others with just your sheer being.

I think they are the same coin : Sometimes force is needed, other time charm
The trick is how to use them .
And when .
No ?

Offline

#5 Aug 25, 2019 2:15 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

I go keep my mouth shut on that bitch.

Offline

#6 Aug 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

New Historian wrote:

I go keep my mouth shut on that bitch.

Please be respectful and do not refer to Mrs. Coard as a "-itch." She is someone's wife.  I am aware that she was not liked but she did make some positive impact.

Offline

#7 Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

Do not presume to tell me who I can or cannot call a bitch. You from your safe distance may admire her and her so-called positive impact, the vast majority of Grenadians who had to endure her "impact" would argue otherwise. I wish she'd kept her backside in Jamaica and spent her Tia Maria inheritance elsewhere. Anyway how is she still alive? She was let out of her life sentence years early because she was "on death's door" with cancer, wow, a miracle! If she's so interested in getting things off her chest why doesn't she say what happened to Bishop and the rest of them bodies? F*ck she and her husband.

Last edited by New Historian (Aug 25, 2019 5:36 pm)

Offline

#8 Aug 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

New Historian wrote:

Do not presume who I can or cannot call a bitch. You from your safe distance may admire her and her so-called positive impact, the vast majority of Grenadians who had to endure her "impact" would argue otherwise. I wish she'd kept her backside in Jamaica and spent her Tia Maria inheritance elsewhere. Anyway how is she still alive? She was let out of her life sentence years early because she was "on death's door" with cancer, wow, a miracle! If she's so interested in getting things off her chest why doesn't she say what happened to Bishop and the rest of them bodies? F*ck she and her husband.

But it was you, the Grenadians killed Bishop. I am not an admirer of Mr.s C.

Offline

#9 Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

Now you're just talking bollocks, Bishop wasn't killed by "Grenadians", he was killed by a small clique of Grenadians, with a certain Jamaican woman in their midst, some would say the driving force. Is this some Jamaican-Grenadian thing of yours?

Offline

#10 Aug 25, 2019 6:03 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

New Historian wrote:

Now you're just talking bollocks, Bishop wasn't killed by "Grenadians", he was killed by a small clique of Grenadians, with a certain Jamaican woman in their midst, some would say the driving force. Is this some Jamaican-Grenadian thing of yours?

Was it the Coards or the American CIA who was the brains behind the whole incident??

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB