You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am

Dancer
Active

Wave Of Zenophobic Attacks Sweep Johannesburg.

According to Community leaders , the attacks last week had been building for  several months.
Anti-immigrant rhetoric has been circulating on social media and among groups who allege immigrants cheat their customers with out -of- date produce in their shops.
Take jobs from locals and defraud the state.
When I heard about the attacks.  I said Black people all over the world should  PROTEST this behavior.
Just got from a boot on your neck and killing  your people . I hope the Islands condemn it.
Countries too.
Pure BS.

#2 Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am

Slice
Active

Re: Wave Of Zenophobic Attacks Sweep Johannesburg.

Why everything in this world got to be about race? I am hoping, that one day it would be about people white, black, pink or yellow.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am)

#3 Sep 10, 2019 12:20 pm

New Historian
Active

This isn't about race, its black-on-black violence against "other" Africans living in South Africa. It flares up every few years and the government makes lame comments against it but in reality not much is done. SA gives the impression that it's the "best African country" but in my view it's one of the worst. The legacy of apartheid lives on and manifests itself in anger.

I'll never go back there not even for a visit.

#4 Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

I'll never go back there not even for a visit.

Well, my daughter is now engaged to a man from Cape Town who is a naturalized US citizen.  They are planning a trip.  If even you won't go, you have me nervous.

#5 Sep 10, 2019 6:30 pm

New Historian
Active

No nervous needed, if he's Seffrican he'll know the runnings. It's a great place to visit, living there is another thing altogether.

#6 Sep 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

He grew to adulthood in Cape Town and is a dual passport holder. 

Thanks for the reassurance.

Board footer