You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Expat
Active

Weather or not its a problem

After 5 days, Noaa has two disturbances conjoining to the west of us in about 5 days.... This might be nothing, or it could be the big one for the south.

Might be time to buy some ply

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

#2 Sep 11, 2019 8:37 am

Slice
Active

Re: Weather or not its a problem

Last week, they say there was 5 disturbances in the ocean, but I am looking at one that could spell trouble  for Greenz.  Question is to come to Grenada or stay up here?

Last edited by Slice (Sep 11, 2019 8:38 am)

#3 Sep 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Expat
Active

Yes disturbances, but only dorian a problem for us. Luckily not even a cloud to block the Sun.

BUT, we now have had over a week of 31 degree's with only a slight shower at night on one occasion.Its early days but I feel tyhe conjoining of those 2 disturbances combined with the very hot sea temperatures, and it's due we3st progression makes it an uncomfortable possability that it may wind itself up. It may shift NW which might give us an ease, but it is of concern.

Me I wouldn't leave my comfort of Northern Hemispheres to sit out a possible Hurricane.... you mad or wha. If it happens you can't do jack except huddle with the rest of us, insurance will take care of the damage. just watch the news.

Remember if there is a wipe out there is no material to do the repairs, and there will not be any unless you know the owner of the hardware store as the contractors will buy it all up first. So repairs take ages to complete.

#4 Sep 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Yes disturbances, but only dorian a problem for us. Luckily not even a cloud to block the Sun.

BUT, we now have had over a week of 31 degree's with only a slight shower at night on one occasion.Its early days but I feel tyhe conjoining of those 2 disturbances combined with the very hot sea temperatures, and it's due we3st progression makes it an uncomfortable possability that it may wind itself up. It may shift NW which might give us an ease, but it is of concern.

Me I wouldn't leave my comfort of Northern Hemispheres to sit out a possible Hurricane.... you mad or wha. If it happens you can't do jack except huddle with the rest of us, insurance will take care of the damage. just watch the news.

Remember if there is a wipe out there is no material to do the repairs, and there will not be any unless you know the owner of the hardware store as the contractors will buy it all up first. So repairs take ages to complete.

Last edited by Calypso (Sep 11, 2019 6:31 pm)

Board footer