You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 16, 2019 10:27 am

Slice
Active

RETIREMENT, GOOD, BAD OR GREAT MY SAY

It has been almost ah year, how do I feel now? For the first three months of my retirement, I wondered what the hell did I do? On ah number of occasion, knowing that my job will be opened for awhile, I was tempted to go back to work.

Then one day ah say, ah have to do in Grenada, leh me take me ass in Grenada, and finish me house, and that is when ah started to no regrets.  I then realize I have real buddies in Grenada, I realize that while in Grenada, I can eat fruits every day, I can go on the beach everyday, I can sleep with my windows and doors unlocked, while in Greenz I am ah new person, I now have friends.

The wicked thing about retirement, I am now very domestic, everyday I have to cook, everyday my wife leaves ah list for me to do.  I do what the hell ah feel like doing and doh worry about ah ting. Since my retirement, my Blood Pressure has never gone over 140 over 90.

This is the very weird thing, I am making ah little bit more monies now.

Then yesterday I went to pick my wife and son up from the Stinky Ravens game. I was their Uber (Guber) I ran into my old boss and he started shouting my name,  and he keep saying lord ah missed  you, when you go come and visit me? and this other lady we missed you so much in our production Meeting, please come back, when you coming back. I ent never ever coming back to work, I love me retirement I can any damn thing ah wanna do.  It is sweet to watch folks hurry getting to work.

Retirement is sweet as ah Grenadian SA.

#2 Sep 16, 2019 10:59 am

Dancer
Active

Re: RETIREMENT, GOOD, BAD OR GREAT MY SAY

So you are a house slave now.  ...  Slice the  'Butler'. Running errands.
smh ... Washing and pressing , clothes and ting.
Put your foot down man. You are the retiree , not   AMOS the Butler.

Me ... " yesterday got soaked to the skin , that was Ok "  " now what I am aiming for -  is to call May May  and say ...
' Hey babe , the boy soaked to his undies  , have the bubble bath  and a cup of cocoa  tea ."  on my way.
But what would make the day   is    " Anything else you want Sugar '
Now that's retirement.

Hope you have a piece of it . lol.

#3 Sep 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Slice
Active

Dancer you mad in you ASS, me wash and iron? you gotta to be outa your FRIGGING mind. Even in Grenada, when wife not around ah doh wash and iron. Leh me give you ah typical day in Slice life in Grenada, Lime, lime, lime, lime and more lime. One day just before carnival, there was ah lime on the beach, they cook four pots of food.  That is me in Greenz.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 16, 2019 3:54 pm)

#4 Sep 17, 2019 11:29 am

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

It has been almost ah year, how do I feel now? For the first three months of my retirement, I wondered what the hell did I do? On ah number of occasion, knowing that my job will be opened for awhile, I was tempted to go back to work.

Then one day ah say, ah have to do in Grenada, leh me take me ass in Grenada, and finish me house, and that is when ah started to no regrets.  I then realize I have real buddies in Grenada, I realize that while in Grenada, I can eat fruits every day, I can go on the beach everyday, I can sleep with my windows and doors unlocked, while in Greenz I am ah new person, I now have friends.

The wicked thing about retirement, I am now very domestic, everyday I have to cook, everyday my wife leaves ah list for me to do.  I do what the hell ah feel like doing and doh worry about ah ting. Since my retirement, my Blood Pressure has never gone over 140 over 90.

This is the very weird thing, I am making ah little bit more monies now.

Then yesterday I went to pick my wife and son up from the Stinky Ravens game. I was their Uber (Guber) I ran into my old boss and he started shouting my name,  and he keep saying lord ah missed  you, when you go come and visit me? and this other lady we missed you so much in our production Meeting, please come back, when you coming back. I ent never ever coming back to work, I love me retirement I can any damn thing ah wanna do.  It is sweet to watch folks hurry getting to work.

Retirement is sweet as ah Grenadian SA.

Retirement is great - for a while. Me I got bored, you can only drink so much beer and write so much bollocks lol! Next year I'm due for my "final retirement", which I'm looking forward to, not that I'll be completely off the bandwagon just not full time.

#5 Sep 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am terrified of retirement.  My father said retirement is hell because he misses working.  By Sunday night I am ready to go back to work.  I suppose I will find something to occupy me when I do but it can't be just liming about.  I need to feel productive.  It is hardwired in my DNA.

#6 Sep 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Expat
Active

If you are a capitalist overseer, Real Estate tycoon, or part of a family dynasty it makes sense to keep your toes in the water.

If you are a worker bee, all you are doing is wearing yourself out for a pittance for somebody else's benefit.

While it is a good idea to have things.... maybe work, maybe hobbies and interests to stop you from vegetating, we only have one life, to leave the mortal coil and on your death bed saying..... Yes I really worked hard, is not my goal.

Through circumstances not completely of my own making I have far more "work" than I want to be doing, I am building up to a hissey fit, at some point I shall probably tell everyone to reproduce with themselves, and chill.

I had intended to learn golf, try scuba diving, have a few rum and cokes, do a bit of gardening, pursue some of my hobbies, which in many cases are low grade work, building things for amusement and the like. 10 plus years on from retiring, and that is not the hand I have been dealt.... getting close to a time for a change.

#7 Sep 18, 2019 7:35 am

Slice
Active

Man you are still working you British-Grenadian ASS off. That recent project you tackled, was real work, not me, retirement is retirement. From 1980 to 2018, I worked my ass off.  The first 10 years I worked three jobs. For now ah taking two years off from working, then ah go decide, what charity I wanna get involved in, in Grenada. A few folks in Grenada suggest that I get involved in politics, ah ent giving up me benefits for polities in Grenada.

Retirement could b fun if you are in Grenada, especially if you have ah few PADNAHS to lime with. Expat is always busy, so he is off the liming scene.  All my PADNAHS in Grenada are over 70 and still working. But once ah get involved in some kinda charity work ah go be good.
-

#8 Sep 18, 2019 9:29 am

Dancer
Active

Slice wants to do charity work ?  He wants to be a volunteer.
Lord ! Whoop-de-do.
A suggestion for the limer. ' Give money , rich boy , be a Philanthropist . Soon you would be invited to tea and biscuits  on the MOUNT.
Speaking of the Mount.
" Slice how is the Lady of the Mount  - Judy-judy and her side kick Aim . Nice and Gentle Aim. LORD !!
Say Hi for me , if you happen to see them in town. ( I know you are not allowed on the Mount.)
So,,,sad... 'A Stranger In His Own Land '

#9 Sep 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Man you are still working you British-Grenadian ASS off. That recent project you tackled, was real work, not me, retirement is retirement. From 1980 to 2018, I worked my ass off.  The first 10 years I worked three jobs. For now ah taking two years off from working, then ah go decide, what charity I wanna get involved in, in Grenada. A few folks in Grenada suggest that I get involved in politics, ah ent giving up me benefits for polities in Grenada.

Retirement could b fun if you are in Grenada, especially if you have ah few PADNAHS to lime with. Expat is always busy, so he is off the liming scene.  All my PADNAHS in Grenada are over 70 and still working. But once ah get involved in some kinda charity work ah go be good.
-

And yet The barkeeps at the "Brewery" start pouring my beer before I get to the counter, and the Kitchen tells me what I am going to order. There's got to be a little down time even on a shopping trip...

I don't mind a little bit of free labour, if you are into charity work, I have got to reconstruct a beam fairly soon, but I can hold off on casting a new support pillar for some stairs in St Pauls until you come back.... not too far from you....  it'll keep you fit, and out of trouble  smile

Last edited by Expat (Sep 18, 2019 10:58 pm)

#10 Sep 19, 2019 7:18 am

Slice
Active

Lord have mercy on me poor soul,  Me with concrete work, ah friad that like cat fraid Holy water. I did me yard and paid for getting it done.

Board footer