You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 16, 2019 10:43 am

Slice
Active

GAS PRICES IN GREENZ, COMPARED TO US

Ah know ah can't add, but here is what ah doh get, ah gallon of the cheapest gas in Greenz, is $17.00. Ah gallon of super in my hood is $2,60. Someone please help me with the math. Keep in mind they get gas from Trinidad and Maduro.

#2 Sep 16, 2019 11:24 am

New Historian
Active

Re: GAS PRICES IN GREENZ, COMPARED TO US

Economies of scale is one of them, taxes another. When you're producing / shipping millions of gallons of a product daily, it's a lot cheaper than producing a piddling amount like Grenada does. The ships that bring petroleum products to Grenada are tiny by world standards, so shipping costs for one are several times higher. Add to that taxes, which our governments like to impose on gas because it's easily collected.

Et ceteraah et ceteraah.

#3 Sep 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Slice
Active

40 minutes flying from Trinidad to Grenada.  Maybe 4 hours by boat. They killing Spicepeople with dem kinda prices. Ah see folks put $5.00 gas in their vehicle.  What is that? Two ways to get ah ooman in Grenada, gee them ah top and put gas in their vehicle, that is if they have.

#4 Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah know ah can't add, but here is what ah doh get, ah gallon of the cheapest gas in Greenz, is $17.00. Ah gallon of super in my hood is $2,60. Someone please help me with the math. Keep in mind they get gas from Trinidad and Maduro.

I just did a quick round number sum on gas prices in the UK..... $19 EC per Imperial gallon, or 4.55 litres which is a tad bigger than a US gallon. That was at the lower end of pricing in the UK.

Stop whining, it's not manly.   smile

#5 Sep 17, 2019 8:17 am

Slice
Active

Only yesterday ah was asked by a Talkshopper, is Expat as complicated in real life as he is on Talkshop? So I ent going to tell you what my answer was. I ent ready to expose the real Expat.

#6 Sep 17, 2019 9:43 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Wherever you live, drone attacks on Saudi production facilities will result in a price spike.  It's coming...

#7 Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Only yesterday ah was asked by a Talkshopper, is Expat as complicated in real life as he is on Talkshop? So I ent going to tell you what my answer was. I ent ready to expose the real Expat.

Would the real Expat please stand up  smile

Board footer