You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 28, 2019 6:04 pm

New Historian
Active

Guess who's back

Hey guys and guyesses, spent last week in Jamaica. I love Jamaica, it's so vibrant, never a dull moment. And stuff happens, the economy is thriving and Jamaicans are on the go. Construction in Kingston is booming, which is good and bad, and the financial sector is abuzz. I bought shares in the Wigton Wind farm IPO in March this year at 50 cents, and they're now trading at 90-95. Wind and solar now accounts for 17% of national electricity generation, the highest in the Caribbean, by far. The Jamaican government, of whatever political stripe, GSD: Gets Shit Done!

By contrast Trinidad with all that oil and gas, doesn't do one tenth as much.

#2 Sep 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: Guess who's back

Sounds interesting New Historian .
Making some money and having a ball .
You marketing for Jamaica now or what ?
lol.

#3 Sep 28, 2019 6:25 pm

New Historian
Active

Gotta give Jack his jacket, I even said if I lived there I'd vote for the JLP next election - and I'm a lifelong PNP lol!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features … ing-market

#4 Sep 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Dancer
Active

Good read New Historian .

I have seen  in the island ,   the daily financial segment on the evenings TV  news.
My first thought as I  read your   story  was  interesting  ,  and even tell some friends  , who might find it interesting  ( having disposable income )
One could even tell your children   ( who usually  get  lots they did not work for ) lo.
So read up.

Last edited by Dancer (Sep 28, 2019 6:57 pm)

#5 Sep 28, 2019 9:58 pm

houston
Active

#6 Sep 28, 2019 10:15 pm

New Historian
Active

I put my money in something I believe in: wind power. I'd take a punt on pot too! smile

Board footer