You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Expat
Active

RD here's a sheesh clip for ya.

I hear there are flat earthers out there, but there are people who are seriously pissed because the Nullschool projection of that weather program I linked is not flat earthed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTDaLbYbPE

#2 Oct 10, 2019 8:26 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: RD here's a sheesh clip for ya.

Flat-earthers are loons. 

It doesn't really matter if you display that particular projection from the north pole or the south pole.  Either way, all the information is there.  The north pole projection, however, looks like the vision the flat earther psychos think the planet really looks like.  For that reason alone, it makes sense to show it from both poles or, if only one pole is to be shown, from the south pole alone.

Sometimes I think these people are just trolling us.  Nobody can be that stupid, right?

#3 Oct 10, 2019 11:45 am

Expat
Active

One very simple observation, just about every other observable planet/star is a variation of spherical, gravity tends to pull larger and larger objects into a circular shape. Why would the Earth be any different.

Simple logic explains why we don't fall off the planet or float away from it due to the same gravity. Is there a giant Bermuda triangle where ships reach the edge and just drop off, it's imbecilic.

How do they get satellites to go around the flat Earth without constant correctional forces being applied?

I can understand people having different views on how we map the Earth on flat paper due to proportionality. But flat earth..... nuts.

#4 Oct 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

They have a [stupid] answer for each of those questions.

Board footer