You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Expat
Active

Learning from Afrika

Been watching a set of YUTUBY vids called Seeds of Gold from Uganda, about Banana farming. Quite illuminating.

#2 Oct 11, 2019 11:24 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Learning from Afrika

Matoke, aka mashed banana is a staple diet of Uganda. I used to cringe when my Ugandan friends would want to take me to an authentic local meal - must I? Lord man dem people never heard of spices??

#3 Oct 12, 2019 9:04 am

Slice
Active

Then there is the Somalian president, who just won the Noble peace prize.  Is that all we can learn from Africa?  Then Africa is really ah wicked Grand-mother. The Nobel prize is ah start, but just too many sad stories coming from Africa.

#4 Oct 12, 2019 12:11 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Then there is the Somalian president, who just won the Noble peace prize.  Is that all we can learn from Africa?  Then Africa is really ah wicked Grand-mother. The Nobel prize is ah start, but just too many sad stories coming from Africa.

How you down on you Mother so? It wasn't Somalia it's Ethiopia and it's fully deserved. Ethiopia is doing some great things but of course you don't hear that, you only hear about African wars, famine and corruption. It's not all bad news my friend.

Board footer