You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 12, 2019 8:52 am

Slice
Active

WELL EXPAT, AH COMING LIKE ALLYU, AS GET OLDER

Had to get eye surgery.  Man ah thought ah was doing great, not ah ting wrong me eye. Then wife say leh me take you to the real eye doctor, and man oh man, they gave me about five inspection and then they say yea, you have it. Did one eye on Thursday and ah doing the next one next month. Ah tink me first Eye doc, was ah fake.  I did one eye test with him. Five with Wilmar Eye institute.  They say they are the best in the whole world.  Ah go find out how good they are I hope soon.

#2 Oct 12, 2019 12:06 pm

piratejenny
Active

Re: WELL EXPAT, AH COMING LIKE ALLYU, AS GET OLDER

You mean you had cataracts removed? Old hat for some of us. I hope your long distance vision is better. Hope any macular disfunction is not there.

#3 Oct 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Expat
Active

Well, courtesy of the American health visitors both wifey and I had one eye.... the worst one done. For me brilliant. For wifey not so, but I have been told it is your own personal luck of the draw whether they can fit you with spot on uncorrected vision, or whether you still need glasses.

During the procedure the surgeon said mine was a bear, because of my vision strength meant they did not have much room to work within the eye.... what ever, it healed quickly, very little discomfort, vision restored very quickly. Despite anesthetic issues caused primarily by delays in surgery after the injection it would have been brilliant.

Wifey had no problems with the surgery, but hasn't been a happy bunny since, and needs glasses.

Regardless, one visitation to see if one was going on the list, and then an inspection prior to surgery to establish the lenses to be fitted, and then surgery. Kinda wonder why you would need 5 visits.

Hoping to get the second one done later this year.

#4 Oct 14, 2019 6:55 am

Slice
Active

Doh know , not all my vision in dat eye has been restored, they say it takes ah bit of time.  Lets see how it goes.

#5 Oct 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Doh know , not all my vision in dat eye has been restored, they say it takes ah bit of time.  Lets see how it goes.

Mine was good to go by 3 days, wifey a bit longer, but issues are ALWAYS more intense for her.

Board footer