You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Expat
Active

In 2020

Whether it is a Republican replacement of the Donald, or a Democratic candidate who wins, the Nation has got to be better off, and the sewers will have been drained.

The stench from the executive branch has been so much worse than any swamp.

#2 Oct 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: In 2020

Who should I vote for in 2020?

The Republican, authoritarian, populist candidate or...
...the Democratic, authoritarian, populist candidate? 

Those are the only viable options.

#3 Oct 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Dancer
Active

Ahhhhhhhh ...

If the Donald gets kicked out of the White House he might just take Vice Pres Pence along with him.

Nancy Pelosi  , first female Pres. of USA.

I read that some where.  "It's complicated. "  lo

#4 Oct 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Pretty obviously the Dem Candidate, if it's only the flip of a coin, then you might as well. If you vote for Biden you will be made an honorary black man on TS.

#5 Oct 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am not voting for either the Democrat or the Republican.  I wouldn't debauch a ballot that way.

#6 Oct 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Expat
Active

Well I don't suppose there are too many libertarians on the ticket. Anyhoos a non vote is worse than a vote even though the choice makes you sick. People died for the privilege.

There might be a similar conundrum in the UK just now.

Vote for Boris... who is going for Brexit, or the other idiot who is half way to a communist, and wants to make landlords of private dwellings have their tenants have the right to buy, as was a policy initiated by the Conservatives by Maggie to sell off Council properties..... my belief to tie the work force down to locations so they had to behave in the work place.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm)

#7 Oct 15, 2019 6:46 am

Slice
Active

So RD which is worst, voting for Trump or not voting at all? I think if you do not vote it is just as bad as voting for the Donald. It seems is just three years the Republicans have totally lost their way.  It will take the Republicans years to recover from the state they are in.  If this had happened under Obama, he would of been impeached  six months ago.  How on earth, republicans say they love their country and continue to defend Trump?  They will pay dearly for what they are doing.

#8 Oct 15, 2019 7:42 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I will vote, once again, for the Libertarian Party candidate.

#9 Oct 15, 2019 8:59 am

Dancer
Active

Expat wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

Pretty obviously the Dem Candidate, if it's only the flip of a coin, then you might as well. If you vote for Biden you will be made an honorary black man on TS.

I was  drinking  my cocoa tea and I read Expat  and I quote  ****  If  you  (RD) vote for Biden you will be made an honorary black man on  TS. *****

I Nearly  strangled  myself with the cocoa tea . lord  !
I was reminded once again cocoa and tea are two different teas. .

RD  my  brother ? That is not something to be tossed around willy-nilly .  That is like Trump going to the United Nations last week ,  and talking about religious persecution. . That is like the white woman in black face in the NAACP. Like Slice being allowed on the mount.
Please.... I can't second that.

#10 Oct 15, 2019 6:46 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I will vote, once again, for the Libertarian Party candidate.

I am being flippant, there may be an appropriate answer as I don't actually know the percentages in Iowa. but would that not be like spoiling the ballot paper?

Board footer