You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 23, 2019 9:34 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Getting off easy in Grenville

From Caribbean Life...

Trevorson Roberts, a native of Grenada who resides in New York, had travelled to Grenada to be ordained as a minister in a congregation of the Church of God Seventh Day, and while on the island, he forced the five-year old boy, who was briefly left in his care by the mother, to perform the sexual act mentioned above.

Unfortunately, however, the decision delivered on October 16th at the Grenville Court House, simply ordered Roberts to pay EC$1,500 cash to the State and EC$600 to the mother, to cover the cost of six sessions of child welfare counseling. These payments had to be made by October 17th, or else the perpetrator would be subject to one month in jail.

https://www.caribbeanlifenews.com/stori … da-cl.html

#2 Oct 23, 2019 9:44 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Getting off easy in Grenville

Oh God RD don't ache me heart with this one again, it's SICKENING. I want to know the name of this magistrate, and lead demonstrations outside his/her house!

#3 Oct 23, 2019 9:52 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Sorry to stress you out.  It is damned pathetic for sure.

#4 Oct 23, 2019 9:54 am

New Historian
Active

As these things go, I read the text messages between this piece of shit and the child's mother, makes your blood boil

#5 Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Dancer
Active

1  ........     Oh ,,, So that is why GREE don't want to join the Caribbean Court Of Justice.

2  .......    People , you gotta demand more from your MP , not only a street light. lo.

3   .......   What message does  it send when a  * so called Rev * to be ordained  assaults  a  5 year old kid .
WHAT  is he saying to his  'church' . Is he still a Rev ?  The danger continues. sad.

#6 Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Expat
Active

That is appalling.

I don't have age specifics but wifey keeps going on about a young boy kissing a younger girl, and getting 3 years in jail, and this guy gets a boy to perform fellatio.... he should be on a child abusers list, and jailed big time.

And a very good reason why you WOULDN'T want the CCJ in the Caribbean. Nepotism, corruption, lost causes, inaction. All good reason why you would want the final say being heald by a court that has no interest in parties, bias, or axe to grind in any particular case.

Board footer