You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Expat
Active

Iphone rip off

I just looked up the lower model Iphone11, and it happened to be the US website, priced at $399 with a trade in, but on the UK site it is £529 plus trade in.

What a bloody rip off.

I know that many many things are cheaper in the USA than the UK, anything from spray guns to cars, but that differential for a phone is criminal.

Some things you could put down to economies of scale, but even if it were a US made product, the shipping cost many times are cheaper via container ship than the item being freighted to the next State.

Rip off.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 28, 2019 7:21 pm)

#2 Oct 29, 2019 9:03 am

Slice
Active

Re: Iphone rip off

Wait way you see an iPhone for $400?  That phone must the cheapest of the cheap. Is there ah Flip I phone?  I love me Samsung Note.  The cost for that phone is  $1800. and here is the thing, they do not like to buy it cash, they keep you on ah monthly payment for two years.

My wife recently bought ah Samsung e10 and the price was $1500.  They insisted she go on ah monthly payment with no onterest, she said no, ah paying cash.

#3 Oct 29, 2019 5:23 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Wait way you see an iPhone for $400?  That phone must the cheapest of the cheap. Is there ah Flip I phone?  I love me Samsung Note.  The cost for that phone is  $1800. and here is the thing, they do not like to buy it cash, they keep you on ah monthly payment for two years.

My wife recently bought ah Samsung e10 and the price was $1500.  They insisted she go on ah monthly payment with no onterest, she said no, ah paying cash.

Slicey, read and inwardly digest.... Iphone11 for 399 with a trade in. The Iphone 11 range is the latest Iphone, you aint going to call it cheap if you buy it outright without contract/trade in.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 29, 2019 5:24 pm)

#4 Nov 01, 2019 11:58 am

Vanni
Active

Expat, check the Indian and Chinese market for these phones big_smile

(and I mean the genuine ones)

In order to reach those markets, Apple is showing a more realistic price of its phones and tablets. Not a compliment to those of us who gave out maybe 2-4 times as much!

Last edited by Vanni (Nov 01, 2019 12:00 pm)

Board footer