You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 31, 2019 10:45 am

Slice
Active

SO MONTHLY, THE CHURCH SENDS US ABOUT 10 ENVELOPES FOR TIDINGS

I am ah kinda not sure what I am, ah doh believe in God, but ah do what they say ah must do.  I go the church about three times ah year and we give about $200.00 monthly. This made me mad.  Who the heel is this priest, supported by the NY cardinal to judge?  Well Catholic church you lost my $200. monthly.  How the hell you go support ah well known sinner and refuse Biden communion? No more of our hard earn cash.  Never ever again.  One can not serve two masters.  Do allyu even read the Bible?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden … -communion

#2 Oct 31, 2019 10:50 am

New Historian
Active

Re: SO MONTHLY, THE CHURCH SENDS US ABOUT 10 ENVELOPES FOR TIDINGS

Not. One. Dime.

My hard-earned money to those pedophiles? Yuh mussy mad.

#3 Oct 31, 2019 11:13 am

Slice
Active

Well ah do believe in their charities. I think I also told that story here before, I once cussed ah priest out, this woman , she was not really ah teacher, but was teaching or something if you are about to confirm.  She decided that my son, will not confirm.  We immediately demanded ah meeting with the priest and her.  That Bastard priest decided to take her side,  Keep in mind she was ah new comer to the parish. I raised my voice and told him, how we feel and that it was wrong to take her side.  I then told him, most of the parents was talking about this CRAZY and then starting today, we are going to take our monies somewhere else.   He hesitated for awhile and as we were saying Goodbye( mind you, me wife and son was looking at me as if I lost my mind) he came to me and said Mr Greenidge I am so very sorry.  Two weeks later the Witch was removed from the church.

#4 Oct 31, 2019 11:23 am

New Historian
Active

Giving to charities is exactly what it says: giving to charities lol. You are giving money to support the well-paid administrators of the charities, and whatever is left over slowly trickles down to their intended beneficiaries, this ratio can be as low as 10% sometimes. I give cash to vagrants, that way I know 100% of it goes to the intended recipient.

#5 Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Slice
Active

Lord I will never forget that, there was this guy who begged at the corner of Howard and Charles Street.  You looked him and you immediately felt sorry for him.  I gave him ah number of times.  Then one day ah hired him.  I did recognize him, during the interview.  Months after the interview one of my employees, told me that is the guy who changes his entire feature on the corner, that is him.  Then the city say stop doing that.  They provided Parking meters stuff, so can give.

#6 Oct 31, 2019 7:35 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Giving to charities is exactly what it says: giving to charities lol. You are giving money to support the well-paid administrators of the charities, and whatever is left over slowly trickles down to their intended beneficiaries, this ratio can be as low as 10% sometimes. I give cash to vagrants, that way I know 100% of it goes to the intended recipient.

Giving to vagrants is a toughie. I do give more often to folks when I am in the UK, simply because you have to have balls and real bad luck to live out on the street, especially in Winter.

I am not so sure in Grenada, I know several have mental issues, and some physical, but there is always the nagging doubt that they a) could do some yard work or something, and b) may have a drug problem that I can't afford for myself, never mind paying for someone else's habit.

#7 Oct 31, 2019 8:56 pm

New Historian
Active

"I am not so sure in Grenada, I know several have mental issues, and some physical, but there is always the nagging doubt that they a) could do some yard work or something, and b) may have a drug problem that I can't afford for myself, never mind paying for someone else's habit."

Agree 1,000%, and I should have made the caveat: not dem layabout lazy ass pants down by they knees never wuk a day in dey life tiefin-ass boys an dem! I give money to people who are clearly in need, not just lazy lol.

Board footer