You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Dancer
Active

Wray and Nephew

When the temperatures start falling around 5 -6  degrees . After a  great  summer . You can feel the cold trying to  work  it's way  , pushing out the sunbeams of  a month ago .
This is when you need a shot  of Wray and Nephew.
Made me think of Inez.   .....  Early days.
" Dancer have a drink , be careful , my Mum sent  this  bottle for me , Wray and Nephew is nothing to play around with.
Ok Inez , you will be having one too , eh ?
' Yes ! you want to get me drunk. No.
' Not really , but if you want to get tipsy ,   I'll help .
Let's play poker..... strip poker.
ahh.

#2 Nov 03, 2019 9:36 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Wray and Nephew

I spent a frigid winter in Oslo Norway once, and my precious bottle of Wray and Nephew White sustained me through the four months of solidly sub-zero temperatures! Every morning I'd have a bottle-cap tot before heading out into the blizzard!

#3 Nov 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

I spent a frigid winter in Oslo Norway once, and my precious bottle of Wray and Nephew White sustained me through the four months of solidly sub-zero temperatures! Every morning I'd have a bottle-cap tot before heading out into the blizzard!

Back in the day I would drink a quarter of a bottle and walk away almost untouched. Cap full is joke.

Last edited by Expat (Nov 03, 2019 5:22 pm)

#4 Nov 04, 2019 9:43 am

Slice
Active

Wray and Nephew is one stinky rum.  Not even ah rum, pure spirit, just like Clarkes Court, but there is now Rivers. Pure organic rum, using the same technique sine 1785. The very best one you can't travel with. 138 proof.  Both Clarkes Court and River Antoine are stronger that Wray and Nephew. On my next visit To Grenada and sure ah  coming back with three bottles of the illegal one.

#5 Nov 04, 2019 10:09 am

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Wray and Nephew is one stinky rum.  Not even ah rum, pure spirit, just like Clarkes Court, but there is now Rivers. Pure organic rum, using the same technique sine 1785. The very best one you can't travel with. 138 proof.  Both Clarkes Court and River Antoine are stronger that Wray and Nephew. On my next visit To Grenada and sure ah  coming back with three bottles of the illegal one.

Doh bun up de plane!

#6 Nov 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

You will be lucky, the chances of that clearing security are slim to none. You do know they scan your case don't you? When they make those calls for passengers to go to security it is to question them about the contents of their bags. Wrong bottles get confiscated making the whole process pointless.

Wifey even got called up, but hers were frozen coconut water, so no problem.

They say the sloshing around of the higher spirit could lead to an ignition condition.... Is it really worth taking 300 people up in a ball of fire for that extra %vol of spirits that you won't even notice?

Personally I cannot abide Rivers, it has a side taste and smell I do not find attractive. Clarkes Court is weaker, but harsher, and is like drinking paint stripper.

I add a dash of Jack Iron to muy coffee, but really if they started to re import it I would prefer Eldorado151 which is 151% ABV or 75.5 proof added to my coffee.

When I am at deaths door and wasting money is immaterial I shall get some Eldorado 25 year vintage. The 21 year is smooth a silk, like drinking warm honey, but I just can't bring myself to spend the premium to get the 25 year one.

Rivers is like toilet water in comparison.... original process or not. the 138 proof one is the one you CAN travel with, the one you cant travel with is around 75 proof just like the 151.

Plus I just remembered, you will be bringing it for others.... smile

Last edited by Expat (Nov 05, 2019 11:38 pm)

#7 Nov 06, 2019 3:12 pm

WH Man
Active

Slight error.....In the US, proof is twice alcohol content or ABV....so, we have 75.5 ABV and 151 proof.

#8 Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Expat
Active

WH Man wrote:

Slight error.....In the US, proof is twice alcohol content or ABV....so, we have 75.5 ABV and 151 proof.

It was an error, just like Slices 138 being the stronger version, but you knew what I had meant to put.... right?

#9 Nov 06, 2019 7:12 pm

WH Man
Active

Expat wrote:
WH Man wrote:

It was an error, just like Slices 138 being the stronger version, but you knew what I had meant to put.... right?

Lol

#10 Nov 07, 2019 10:03 am

Slice
Active

Hey Wray and Nephew just got 63% Alcoholic volume, they do not have the proof.  Both Clarkes Court and Rivers have the proof, but not that stinky Wray and Nephew.

Board footer