You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 12, 2019 8:56 am

Dancer
Active

First Significant Snowfall Hits TO.

Well Folks , it snowed all day yesterday and last night  .  Outside , everything white. .... pleaseeeee . lmao. 4-5 inches of it.
Getting around today is going to be challenging  , cold as heck -7 C and driving  will be a test.

Snow , snow , snow . And its not even Xmas yet.
But you would not believe it .
Hearing Xmas songs on the radio
I just heard Santa is coming.
Now ? What would I like .
ahhhhh
Tell you later.
lo.

#2 Nov 12, 2019 9:51 am

New Historian
Active

Re: First Significant Snowfall Hits TO.

I spent:

1 winter in Chicago

1 winter in Norway

1 winter in Michigan

And several winters in Washington DC and London - but those were babies by comparison with the first 3!!

Never. Ever. Again. Good luck this winter!

#3 Nov 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It is supposed to be hard and since it is all snow and it was -19 C this morning, I believe it!

#4 Nov 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Expat
Active

The price we pay for exacerbating climate change.... but of course there is nothing we can do about it.

Just like there is nothing we can do about micro plastics and nano plastics in the oceans.

#5 Nov 12, 2019 5:00 pm

houston
Active

I'm sick of it already and it's only just begun. Way to early for this type of weather.
Had to turn around this morning and park for the day. Couldn't see the road in order to pull over and clean the windshield of this poorly designed vehicle. Extremely unsafe when a tap of the brakes brings the snow off of the roof and blinds the driver.

20191112-124148.jpg

#6 Nov 12, 2019 5:12 pm

houston
Active

That's Hwy 21 along the shores of Lake Huron. I think I once read that is closed more often than any highway in North America. Beautiful in the Summer but a nasty stretch of road during the Winter.

#7 Nov 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Slice
Active

That is when ah wonder, what the hell ah doing here in cold Bmore.  No snow but cold maybe 32.  This is not how it is suppose to happen.  Wanna be in Grenada in the Winter and America in the summer.  Lord if me mother-in-law was not sick ah moving to Grenada yesterday.

#8 Nov 14, 2019 11:07 am

Dancer
Active

As might be expected the weather is a big topic up North.

"" Oh , this  ( big snowfall , so early in November ) .  Has Lots of people  dancing on the Ski Slopes.
  "" Oh, every thing is so beautiful  , sun shinning , flashing off the white stuff , kids rolling around  on their lawns . The air crisp , clean and energizing . Lord !  -

See what they say when this January weather continues . lmao.

Board footer