You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Nov 18, 2019 4:37 pm

piratejenny
Active

Re: RULES TO TEACH YOUR SON

As for daughters, Daddy always taught us to never buy anything on time [a loan] except a house. You want a car? Save money for one first.

His quaint lessons were to learn to swim to the end of the pool and back; take drivers education, and learn to type.

His major lesson had a enduring element - Do not be afraid the enter a location - they can only throw you out. Thus, daughters who are intrepid, adventurous and curious are how we move in the world. I went to Dylan's Rolling Thunder Review without a ticket, and ended up getting a seat in the front row. My life now is more active than it has ever been because I am curious about many things.

#12 Nov 18, 2019 5:00 pm

houston
Active

Re: RULES TO TEACH YOUR SON

Some great advice there Ladies and Gents, really good to read. I have a few to add.

-Always have a five year plan
-Find something you enjoy doing and stick with it, regardless of the pay. Don't get stuck in a job you are not happy with because it has benefits and pays well.
-Like relationships, if you don't have common goals and can't see carving out a future together, get out quickly and move on, however painful at the time.
-Always keep your loved ones informed of your wellbeing...they do worry about you.

Board footer