You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 19, 2019 3:44 pm

New Historian
Active

A bargain at only $16 grand a night!!

#2 Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Expat
Active

Re: A bargain at only $16 grand a night!!

It looks so different from the slabs of concrete abutting the Grands Anse main road.

Well it'll generate revenue for the owners, give a few cleaners and receptionist a job, but how much of that cash will find it's way out into our economy?

#3 Nov 19, 2019 9:29 pm

New Historian
Active

God, do you do anything but carp? Okay OTT but really, criticize and find fault, you've been in Greenz too long mate, you're now a true Grenadian lol! Fact is fact, which Grenadians have the cash, or the means to raise the cash, to build a 5-star resort costing upwards of US$3-500,000? The last "big hotel" owned and built by Grenadians was La Source, under Leon Taylor, who wasn't a rich man by any means but was lucky enough to inherit the whole of Pointe Salines, and then "unlucky" enough for the PRG to huff most of it to build the airport, and then lucky enough to get paid out after the invasion/intervention/ and then unlucky enough to be paid in GOG bonds instead of cash, and then was lucky - and dogged - enough to use those interest payments to get La Source started.

The point is: Grenada - and Grenadians - simply don't have that kind of cash! So yes they take out profits, but what would you rather? It now employing hundreds of people, or remaining in that thief-infested warren it was before? Sheesh.

#4 Nov 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Expat
Active

Fairs fair, equal right for tiefs, wey dey go go?

Funny, I am sure not so long ago while you were bashing Tour boats you were criticising all inclusives.... now I'M the bad one?

#5 Nov 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Slice
Active

Lordeee we were tinking about spending ah week dey, but NO SIR.

#6 Nov 20, 2019 7:27 pm

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:

Fairs fair, equal right for tiefs, wey dey go go?

Funny, I am sure not so long ago while you were bashing Tour boats you were criticising all inclusives.... now I'M the bad one?

Per-zackly, that hotel is neither, is it? Nothing is perfect; don't make perfect the enemy of good.

#7 Nov 21, 2019 9:29 am

Dancer
Active

I must say The Gree has made significant strides in the Tourist Trade in the last couple of years.

'Spice of the Caribbean'

Promotional ads that were absent  ,

help from the 'big' boys and  now .....

Going Top end.
Whoa.... lol.

Board footer