You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 26, 2019 9:17 am

New Historian
Active

They should put a health warning on this poison!

But boy do we sure do love that KFC!!

https://www.caribbeansignal.com/2019/11 … caribbean/

#2 Nov 26, 2019 10:08 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: They should put a health warning on this poison!

No, the food isn't healthy but the real poison sold at KFC, I am increasingly convinced, is the soda pop.  The amount of refined sugar we consume is the real threat to our health.

#3 Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

New Historian
Active

And all that oil/grease! You see them fry the chicken in that boiling oil, you can squeeze it out when it comes in the box. And as for the skin, ugh!!!

#4 Nov 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Expat
Active

You know I had to join in on this one.

It's amazing you don't get toxic shock from any part of KFC.

I think it's recognised that the oil laden tasty coating is bad, but it's not as NH stated because it's greasy, it's because the oil will not be a healthy option. Regardless of the HFCS that is almost certainly going to be part of the flavouring. Vegetable oil, Corn oil, Safflour oil, Canola oil, are all highly processed and heated to high levels in production, and despite the poor research back in the 50's and 60's are more likely to give you heart attacks and stroke than animal fats which your body can process better.

Generally speaking all these yummy foods ARE yummy as they have added sugars, which is part of the entrapment plan.  So yes the pop is bad for you in many ways, but the food is just as bad.

The over simplification is if you didn't grow it and cook it yourself, it is probably out to get you.

#5 Nov 26, 2019 4:02 pm

New Historian
Active

According to the World Health Organization, the average rate of obesity in adults worldwide is 19.5%

In the Caribbean it is 29%, Bahamas and Barbados being the homes of the Big Mama - and Papa too! 

Obesity-Rates.jpg

#6 Nov 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Dancer
Active

Chefette   ........ too

10 /20  years going back on vacations  , everybody was mainly BONEY.
Now ,  sometimes I wonder If I am in NYC .....  Big, big , MamaS
Sad.

......... But ,  as you know ,   a little big .. is good.  lol.

#7 Nov 29, 2019 11:46 am

New Historian
Active

I actually like Chefette, a chicken roti, salad and mauby is to die for. Wish they would expand beyond Bim.

#8 Nov 29, 2019 7:41 pm

houston
Active

Vegan or KFC?
I'll take the KFC with some greens and a pile of potatoes please.

https://nationalpost.com/health/obesity … eight-loss

#9 Nov 29, 2019 10:59 pm

Expat
Active

I aint going to recommend Vegan, thats a hard road to travel, but a high vegetable/fruit diet WITH sensible sized Meat protein, isn't anywhere near as hard, unless you are Wifey who hates vegetables.

KFC... nah, never again.

I used to like it, over McCrappalds, before McD started making boarder line decent food. But now I know how bad KFC is, no way Jose.

#10 Nov 29, 2019 11:27 pm

New Historian
Active

"before McD started making boarder line decent food"

WHATTT???? This is coming from you??? Please name me this borderline decent food from MacPoison, please.

Board footer