You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Dec 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: Hot Girl and Old Man Maths

It really depends of the motivation: is it love?

Did Life bring together two people who, despite age difference, belong together?

Which implies that there is no ulterior motive.

When love is the reason, in rare cases it can jump generations, regardless of which gender is the senior. And it really is love, and heartwarming.

To support my understanding of the question, I have two sisters-in-law. Both are, for one, one generation older than her husband, for the other nearly one generation older - to each my brothers. Their relationship has proved itself over the past thirty years. And I ended up neatly fitting between each of my sisters-in-law, the Isabelle trio.

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 01, 2019 2:30 pm)

#12 Dec 01, 2019 3:49 pm

houston
Active

I think 10 to 15 years in age difference should be max for a truly sharing relationship to work out. My dad married my mother when he was 28 and she was 18. That ended in divorce after 17 years. Back then I could see the 10 year age difference made a huge difference in interests and thinking, and being new immigrants in a new land was an added stress.
While I was putting myself through school I washed dishes at a German restaurant. The married owner of the restaurant later hired my sister as a bar tender. Not long after, the square head was involved with my sister who was 20 years his junior. His wife was involved with the restaurant so I new her well and felt terrible for her. I quit the job the day I found out.
The owner and my sister did go on to marry and have a daughter together so it wasn’t just a fling. I gradually accepted the union. They remained married for over years until he passed away about 5 years ago. My sister is now a very wealthy woman after selling the restaurant and several other properties.  She married for security and needless to say, we don't see eye to eye on much these days.
She's highly intelligent but never went to post secondary school and never worked an 8 hour a day job in her life, yet she lives a penthouse life atop her ivory tower. Money buys her every wish. She stays in $800 a night rooms when she travels. She can't relate to the blue collar working stiff and I can't relate to her world of money buys all, including friends and family. Though I don't really think that she is a happy person. Deep down she knows that she could have accomplished a lot without the help of a sugar daddy.
Okay, that's enough family business on a public site. I feel like I just wrote a Dear Abby letter.

#13 Dec 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Expat
Active

My Dad was 20 years older than my Mum, and definitely not a millionaire.

He croaked while she was in her 50's, so she went on to have a great life with a more age appropriate husband who was a recent widower.

I think when we are in our 30's with someone a bit older they still have vigour, and we don't see what a wrinkled feeble mess they will become in short order.

#14 Dec 01, 2019 7:56 pm

New Historian
Active

Well I'm glad they had some good years together - and produced such a wonderful offspring!!

Mind you, a certain age differential os okay, because as we all know: women age more quickly than men!!!

Calling Calypso, come in Calypso?

#15 Dec 01, 2019 9:33 pm

houston
Active

Don't worry, Calypso will be tuning in shortly.

#16 Dec 02, 2019 10:22 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Let's look at the odds here.  First, we will use the United States as our sample.  This is arbitrary but the stats are available.  Next, we will assume the old man in question is not a millionaire. Finally, we will limit our sample to girls in their 20s.

Girls in their 20s represent about 8 percent of females or 1 in 12

About half are single so 1 in 2

About 10 percent are even remotely hot so 1 in 10

About 1 in 30 are mature beyond their years,

Let's say 1 in 50 is interested in dating men more than 20 years their senior who are not millionaires.

So that means 12 * 2 * 10 * 30 * 50 = 1/360,000

There are 165 million women in the United States therefore...

There are about 458 single, female, hot, mature, women in their 20s willing to date men 20 years their senior in the whole United States.

Get busy searching guys.

I would never ever date an American, in their twenties.  Nope they ent as desperate as Grenadians, or should I say West Indians.  Remember doh I ent want no date. I want when ah horny to get some.

#17 Dec 02, 2019 10:24 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Well I'm glad they had some good years together - and produced such a wonderful offspring!!

Mind you, a certain age differential os okay, because as we all know: women age more quickly than men!!!

Calling Calypso, come in Calypso?

Lord that is in Grenada again.  Yes women in Grenada look 30 years older than their man.  Lord I saw a pic of Tina Turner, that woman is in her eighties and look like she 50.

#18 Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Well, my daughter is engaged to a man ten years older than she but that isn't what I am talking about.  I am talking about across a generation.

My daughter is 27 and when I contemplate dating one of her hot girlfriends it is laughable.  First, they are kids with whom I have nothing in common.  Second, I would be embarrassed to be that guy walking around with a gal young enough to be my daughter.  Third, these girls don't see me as a romantic partner event though I am pretty well off financially.  Finally, even if it did happen, is that gal going to hang around when, instead of 56, I am 75?

The whole thing is creepy to my thinking.

America is not a country for older women! Men like RD loves young , dumb, big tit bleach blonds and so do many other men.

#19 Dec 02, 2019 1:38 pm

Vanni
Active

houston wrote:

I think 10 to 15 years in age difference should be max for a truly sharing relationship to work out ...

Houston, we have norms until some situation hits us and projects us out of norm. The lowest number of one of my brother's wife older age is 14 years. With each of us Isabelle and Isabelita it goes upwards. I am not saying that age difference is an easy thing to handle, especially if the woman is the older one, yet from what I could witness of both my brothers, and experience myself, it's a combination of having found our soul mate and being blessed of having found a degree of harmony and commitment which has beaten any of the previous relationships.

So is this harmony thanks to age difference? I don't think so, while some aspects of the relationships may indeed profit from it. Mainly, it's just so that we have met someone who we were meant to meet - I would say despite age difference. Yet, in life everything is supposed to have a purpose, so life difference including.

The couple with the oldest age difference is the one of my other brother, and indeed, they are more like friends by now, but they are always! together. They just can't stay away from each other. He admitted to me that he wouldn't know what he would do if she dies before him.

What I told about is not a rule, however, and in others it could fail. Now, we are used to pointing toward the reason of a failure according to our own limited understanding, and here we'd invoke age as the culprit when in couples of similar age, we would simply call it "incompatibility". But as I am experiencing it, it remains just that: incompatibility.

Incompatibility can happen in any relationship. Again, age difference brings its challenges, and nothing to joke about, but it also brings a level of commitment, of feeling privileged, of an appreciation and awareness which only those involved in such a relationship get to know.

#20 Dec 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Vanni
Active

Calypso wrote:

America is not a country for older women! Men like RD loves young , dumb, big tit bleach blonds and so do many other men.

Hi Calypso, I understood the contrary from RD.

Now this whole discussion is rather about physical attraction. And for superficial and uncommitted relationships, I guess it's exactly the ingredient it takes.

Those who are interested in committed relationships may find excessive attention to looks unattractive in itself, understanding the motives behind such an attitude.

I'm all for beauty, but one which the outer part is amply bathing in the spiritual and soul radiance. And this is a more discrete and classy type of beauty, in my humble opinion.

Board footer